The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Omas Rebirth - Armando Simoni Club Arlecchino

omas rebirth celluloid arlecchino

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ck360

ck360

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 00:28

Spotted this on the italianpens instagram feed (no affiliation). The new "Omas". Limited to 100 or less pens apparently, MSRP quite reasonable compared to recent eBay prices.

I think this is a great start. Apparently the nib is the larger number 8 style.

Attached Images

• IMG_5577.PNG

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:24

Interesting. I'd like to know more.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#3 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:20

It is indeed interesting & very exciting if it actually becomes a possibility; more so if US residents are allowed to purchase.  

I have always been enamored of this celluloid & the story behind it's history of manufacture.  Not having seen any for sale except "preowned" pens, with whatever nibs are on the pen as being the only choice has diminished my hope of purchase, besides the usual high price they sell/sold for.  

Last summer there was one offered on Ebay as a "parts pen," & when you read the seller's description you had to agree.  Since he had owned the pen it had suffered breakage, return to Omas for replacement barrel, TWICE, with the message from them, "There is NO more material from which to make ANY new parts for your pen."  He showed photographs of the pen's broken barrel, (which had broken in two pieces when he was preparing the writing sample for his Ebay listing,) as it's THIRD & final breakage, since Omas had told him there was "no more" Arlecchino celluloid for future repairs.

It certainly made me apprehensive about ONE pen suffering three breakages from the same owner.  It would be interesting to know if there was existing Arlecchino celluloid, remaining @ Omas, or if there is a different source for the material to be used in these pens.  It remains one of my favorite materials I have seen used by Omas; it would be great to see ANY newly produced Omas pen, but especially the Arlecchino.

#4 ck360

ck360

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:00

The person advertising it italian pens is based in Miami so think US resident should not be a problem. I have emailed him a few times and he has been very quick to respond.

I think there was some celluloid rod stocks left at the factory. A rod is along way from being a pen barrallel and Omas repair was always abit mixed experience wise. . Don't know if they would run a machine to produce a single barrallel though

#5 EclecticCollector

EclecticCollector

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:43

The person advertising it italian pens is based in Miami so think US resident should not be a problem. I have emailed him a few times and he has been very quick to respond.

I think there was some celluloid rod stocks left at the factory. A rod is along way from being a pen barrallel and Omas repair was always abit mixed experience wise. . Don't know if they would run a machine to produce a single barrallel though

Would you be willing to share their contact info with me, possibly through private message? I've asked a few questions about their eBay listings over the years (through eBay) and they have never, ever responded.

#6 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 16:43

Spotted this on the italianpens instagram feed (no affiliation). The new "Omas". Limited to 100 or less pens apparently, MSRP quite reasonable compared to recent eBay prices.

What constitutes "quite reasonable"?

#7 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:23

What constitutes "quite reasonable"?

Their quoted MRSP is $995.

#8 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:43

There are two of the older Arlecchinos available @ the moment, both from very reputable dealers, Peyton Street Pens @ $870.00 & Classic pens/Nibs .com @ $990.00; both pens have medium nibs.  It would be nice to see more of these pens available.  

#9 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:30

Beautiful !

BTW are these piston fillers or C/C fillers?

Francis

#10 ck360

ck360

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:13

Piston

#11 frantic

frantic

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:13

Hi there! Is this a genuine Omas? Is it Omas branded?

#12 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:13

Hi there! Is this a genuine Omas? Is it Omas branded?

For the first question, Omas do not exist anymore.
So, I think it depends what you mean with "genuine".....

#13 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 16:01

All relevant information has been provided here: http://www.fountainp...ecchino-2-2017/

#14 katanankes

katanankes

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 13:48

One of my Arlecchino disintegrated in the box... I would not touch that celluloid ever again. 

#15 ck360

ck360

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:21

In the course of finalising my purchase of the new Arlecchino the owner of italianpens.com (see my original post) let it slip that he was having his own special run of 33 pens in each of the following colours done for him. Seems like the Omas tradition of small run dealer pens continues!

Attached Images

• IMG_5747.JPG
  • IMG_5746.JPG

#16 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,896 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:53

The blue pen is Stunning! :thumbup:

#17 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• Member - Gold

• 4,282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 15:48

Unfortunately, I don't like the cap band. It's not nearly as attractive as the OMAS Greek Key/Art Deco motif.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#18 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,360 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 17:15

The detailing of these pens seems so clumsy. Such a shame as Omas materials are peerless.
Too many pens; too little writing.

#19 Tinjapan

Tinjapan

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 15:47

Unfortunately, I don't like the cap band. It's not nearly as attractive as the OMAS Greek Key/Art Deco motif.

Must say I agree.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omas, rebirth, celluloid, arlecchino

Sponsored Content

|