• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barkingpig

• cattar

• MuddyWaters

• pajaro

I *think* I've seen this guy's/similars 'drunk reviews'.

I have to say I liked it. The humour was quite well observed, I especially enjoyed his skewering of the usual pedantry about box design, and of video reviewers' bombastic, cluelessly authoritative opinionating. Senseless jump zooms of unexpressed import had me chuckling too. Liked and subscribed.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

It was a good box review. I have many pens without boxes. Can one order a TWSBI box without a pen?

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

I wish the reviewer had been able to review a TWSBI Micarta in it's original "box," for added interest; we would have missed the fun comments about the wrench, but it would have added the appeal of "all that PAPER!"

Goes on for nine plus minutes.....seven minutes fourteen seconds to

long.....After the first forty seconds....stage left....adios........

"There you go...There is the box...So let's pretend this is brand new...

Isn't that fun...."

Must be some kinda award for this kinda thing.....

Hmm....let's see....A Darwin Award....Yup!

{freakinhappysmilelyfacetimethingie}

Fred

It's nice to poke fun at ourselves and I thought the IDEA was funny, but not nine minutes' worth. I stopped after 4 and regretted spending that much time with the video. Edited by Maurizio

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

I've watched many "reviews" with about the same amount of information about the pen and the same involuntary humor ... I've wasted a lot of time wondering about the neatness of SBRE Brown's kitchen ...

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

It had a few funny lines, but mostly boring.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

Fountain pen reviewing is obviously an art. Some videos are constituted of useless stuff like "unboxing", "first impression", etc, and the line is fine between expressing an opinion that won't offend others. I personally find way more information on such a forum here since people actually make their views known and the reasons why, plus actually discuss cost of pens which most reviewers don't really do well.

Totally worth watching just for the comment about being left-handed.

Yes, and the bit about Moleskine as well as his "variation" on "The quick brown fox..."

I was bored for the first minute or so and went to turn it off, but it was worth persevering. Very funny.