This Is What My Matte Black Vanishing Point Looks Like Now

Oranges and Apples

A note, that light that you see through the nose cone is indeed light. It has been dropped (not on purpose) when it fell out of my pocket and caused a crack. Again, I've had this since 2011 and as you can tell, it has been my daily workhorse ever since.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x232/JohnCruzNg/IMG_20170125_122227028_HDR_zps7m0ruici.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x232/JohnCruzNg/IMG_20170125_122145814_HDR_zpscty89zis.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x232/JohnCruzNg/IMG_20170125_122106967_HDR_zpsbcmnsvhx.jpg

How old is your pen?

You don't baby your pens. :D

You don't say!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oranges and Apples

• Donald2

• Tas

• oldrifleman

This is coming out nicely.

Blimey, I thought my pens had it tough.

I don't put my pens through extraordinary circumstances but it is a metal pen so it does sit in my pockets, drawers, and everywhere else it could easily be accessed. This one pen particular just shows what it shows.

In the pictures below, the two other Pilot Vanishing Points are actually older and have been carried the same way but they just a different kind of wear that the Matte Black doesn't. I carry those three Pilot Vanishing Points with me nearly all the time.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x232/JohnCruzNg/IMG_20170106_124507109_zps4ia8kg8p.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x232/JohnCruzNg/IMG_20170106_124437802_zpsbgwbm3bm.jpg

Pilot Custom 823 in Black Smoke - Fine Nib

Pilot Vanishing Point in Blue and Gold Trim - Gold Fine Nib

Pilot Vanishing Point in Black and Rhodium Trim - Rhodium Plated Extra Fine Nib

Pilot Vanishing Point in Matte Black - Black Plated Extra Fine Nib

Pilot M90 - Medium Nib

Edited by Oranges and Apples

How old is your pen?

I was purchased in April 2011 from Pam Brraun from the Oscar Braun Inc. and carried ever since.

The other two Pilot Vanishing Points are a bit older but I cannot recall their purchase dates.

In Leica-land, collectors would pay a premium for such patina!

Is that actually brass under the black? Or just the lighting? I always thought the Vanishing Point was too light to be made of that metal.

In Leica-land, collectors would pay a premium for such patina!

Is that actually brass under the black? Or just the lighting? I always thought the Vanishing Point was too light to be made of that metal.

I assume it is brass. It is certainly some type of metal.

Absolutely gorgeous! It's like you have a one-of-a-kind pen!

I also have a matte black VP that I received exactly last year. It already has tiny scratches all over the body. Although I keep it in a roll pen case, it lived in a communal pencil case for a while and I'm not exactly the most careful person in the world. It has grown on me and I hope we'll have as beautiful a partnership as you did with yours!

• 1 year later...

I love how the pen got more beautiful with wear and age. As a fan of leather works myself, I really love this kind of wear. Similar to how my leather wallet and shoes changes with time, I think how this pen age make its special.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yeah, that's one sexy looking pen indeed! Made more so because it's attained from regular use. Just too cool.

Would love for my Decimo to look like this. With time and regular use perhaps.

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

Really cool indeed... remember seeing pictures of a well worn rOtring 600 way way back, it had a similar feel (black epoxy coating on a brass body).