The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Studio Inner-Cap Piece Came Out

lamy repair studio cap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cbucher1

cbucher1

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2017 - 00:34

I have a Lamy Studio whose cap is having some issues. I've found plenty here about cap issues with the Studio, but they refer to the ring above the nib coming off and getting wedged inside the cap. That isn't the case here unfortunately.

It seems the rubbery piece inside the cap came out of place. Because of this the cap will not stay posted very well and can slide right off the pen. I generally carry it in a 3-pen case with a top that folds down, so the cap coming off isn't usually an issue, it the click isn't as satisfying and it is a bit annoying, as when I remove the cap, the black rubber piece remains on the pen and I have to pull it off and slide it back in the cap to post it.

Does anybody know how it was secured in the first place, or have ideas on sticking it back in there, or would it be best/possible to get a replacement from Lamy? I didn't want to just pour some glue in there without seeking some info from those more experienced. See the images for clarity.

Thanks!

Attached Images

• IMG_0375.JPG
  • IMG_0372.JPG
  • IMG_0374.JPG
  • IMG_0373.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2017 - 21:19

Since Lamy has a lifetime guarantee in the US I would say send it into to them, or if nothing more contact them to see what they recommend. They would most certainly replace the cap, for the cost of return postage. 

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#3 cleosmama

cleosmama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:39

I had exactly this same thing happen to mine. I bought it yesterday and got it home last night, inked it up, capped it, then uncapped it, and voila! The inner cap came out with the pen. I couldn't get it to stay inside the pen. I talked to Lamy today and the lady said to send it to them. She referred me to this page:

https://cms.lamyusa....en/repairs.html

#4 cbucher1

cbucher1

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2017 - 22:14

Thanks for the feedback, both of you. I didn't know about the guarantee somehow. I'll check that out. Probably better than trying to diy it.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, repair, studio, cap

Sponsored Content

|