The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Problem Filling Wall Street Le

visconti wall street power filler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 16:20

Hi, I've just receive a new Visconti Wall Street LE. Beautiful pen, but I can't use it because the piston rod won't extend! I don't want to force it - any ideas? Anything I need to do other than unscrew the blind cap fully? I have managed to fill other pens with this system successfully .....

Edited by bbs, 25 January 2017 - 16:20.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Sponsored Content

#2 esteroids

esteroids

Extremely Rare

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 18:12

Since this is a new pen, I would communicate this problem with my dealer before trying to force anything.

If there is no dealer there is a service/distributor for your area.  I strongly suggest you try this first.

If you want to try yourself, it sounds like the piston seal is sticking where the barrel narrows at the back of the ink window.  If you could get some water in there to lubricate things it would probably work fine.  These nib units unscrew for better access (it may take mild heat on the section) if needed

#3 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,409 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 18:27

Thanks, Esteroids. Yes, I've emailed the seller, but they're across the ocean, so it's going to be a pain to return. Your diagnosis sounds possible - depending on what the seller says I'll give it a try.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

#4 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,409 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 20:51

Well, the seller did advise using a bit of force, and it has indeed extended. Just needed to be a bit braver!

#5 shahrincamille

shahrincamille

Hunter-killer

• Member - Gold

• 884 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:27

I have a different problem with mine.

The inner cap is crumbling, coming out in bits and pieces every time I use it, and I also noted some corrosion/plating loss on the metal part at the top of the cap above the clip (what's it called? I just can't remember  :wallbash: ), and the celluloid barrel and cap felt 'sticky'. Is this a sign of the celluloid turning bad? :yikes:

Shahrin B)

#6 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,409 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2017 - 13:05

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good .... I don't have any answers for you, but lots of sympathy. What's the humidity like where you are?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, wall street, power filler

Sponsored Content

|