The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Questions Regarding Restoring A 1923 Wahl "demi" Fountain Pen

wahl;restoration wahl; restore; repair; lever

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fernando77

Fernando77

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2017 - 20:11

Aloha, from the sunny State of Hawaii.  I recently joined the network  and at the suggestion of another member, who was responding to my introduction, he recommended that I post my questions on this forum.

I inherited from my grandfather a 1923 Wahl small gold filled fountain  pen.   Attached is  a photo of the pen.  I plan to restore the pen and pass it on to my son in the future.   The nib will need to be adjusted and the sac will have to be replaced.  However, as you can see on the attached photo, the ink lever is missing.

Questions:  In my introduction I posted an inquiry as to where I could buy a lever which could be used in my pen.   The replies included a suggestion  that I ask a professional restorer to out source a lever. The other question that I posted in the other forum was whether another lever from either a different Wahl pen  and/or a lever from a different brand  fountain pen can be used and/or adapted to fit my pen.  

I could not find much information on this pen on the internet  on  this interesting "demi" fountain pen . I would appreciate receiving  the  names and phone numbers of  any professional restorers that have prior experience servicing these Wahl vintage fountain pens.

As they say in the beautiful islands of Hawaii, "Mahalo"  (thank you) for your help.   Fernando.

Attached Image

Attached Images

• IMG_0894.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 sidthecat

sidthecat

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2017 - 19:02

I'd send it to one of the restorers Stateside. Many of them keep spare parts; I see that model of vest pen fairly frequently on eBay. You might be able to find a wrecked one with the pieces you need.
I've sent inquiries sometimes to two or three nibmeisters to see who can restore a particular pen.
I have several of these little Wahls, by the way, and they can be very nice writers. You might want to hold onto it yourself.

Sponsored Content

|