The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Trying To Id Parker Sonnet Pen Price

parker sonnet fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ekrupp

Ekrupp

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:37

Hi. Recently I got hold of a brand new Parker Sonnet 18k 750 fountain pen. I know nothing about pens but it says 18k 750 on the nib. I can't find the exact model on the Parker website and I'm trying to figure out what is a reasonable selling price? Please help, thank you.

IMG_4195.JPG

More mages here: 

http://imgur.com/a/NLGZq

http://imgur.com/a/UAH4z

Sponsored Content

#2 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,590 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:11

Once you find the model.....

Try past auctions on Ebay of your country.

You could look in our sales section.

What is the reason you are selling?

It's a fountain pen and has to be held differently than a ball point. Unlike a ball point a fountain pen is held after the big index knuckle.

You need absolutely no pressure in the nib floats in a small puddle of ink.

99.1% of those new to fountain pens press way, way too hard.

Scribbling becomes fun....fancy inks, great papers.....paper makes a great difference between some feathery blobby line on your Ink Jet Paper and something clear and crisp on medium good paper.

If you notice there are many fountain pen coms....and no ball point coms. We are having fun.

Stick around perhaps you can too.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#3 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,269 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:39

It is a 2016 release 'Black lacquer, Etched Stetling Cap' finish Sonnet. Was sold new for atound $300.
Khan M. Ilyas

#4 Ekrupp

Ekrupp

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 13:04

Thank you!!

#5 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 13:09

I don't like it. It seems to be a pen of three parts: a black barrel, a silver cap and a metal grip. I thought it looked like a Frankenpen. Meh....  :mellow:

#6 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 11,269 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2017 - 14:26

I don't like it either. It looks like a dressed up IM.

The new 2016 Sonnet finishes are all metal sections.
Khan M. Ilyas

#7 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• 12,831 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2017 - 19:07

Reminds me of an outfit with black slacks and a houndstooth jacket.  Not too shabby, but the three hundred dollar price isn't something I would pay for a Sonnet.  With the way these pens tend to work, I would think $90 would be more reasonable.

I would put an "as is" caveat in a sales ad for this pen.  

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, sonnet, fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|