• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• writepen

• jmccarty3

• inkstainedruth

I was looking through the website and can't tell if there is a way to pay the $9 for admissions online. For the DC show is it generally pay at the door?

In the past it has been. Two of the three years I went (or maybe it was all three years) it was pay at the door (each day) for day passes.

DCSS is huge -- it's very hard to see everything in just one day, and not easy to see everything in two days.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

In the past it has been. Two of the three years I went (or maybe it was all three years) it was pay at the door (each day) for day passes.

DCSS is huge -- it's very hard to see everything in just one day, and not easy to see everything in two days.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Thanks for the info Ruth, looking forward to my second pen show being the supershow!

Following up on a previous comment, even though the show starts on Thursday will there be many vendors there that day or is it more of a setup day? If I can make it to the show it will only be a couple hours and Thursday would work better with my schedule.

You will see more if you come on Friday morning. That would be my choice if I could be there only a couple of hours (which will be an exercise in frustration).

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Thanks for the reply. I'm attending a conference in Atlanta Friday through Tuesday and I'm not sure if when I can skip out.

Given how outdated the website is, do we have a list of vendors and/or nibmeisters who are confirmed for the show?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Does the weekend trader's pass work on Thursday night too? I did that for the first time last year and was there for the free-for-all Friday before tables were getting setup, but it sounds like something similar goes on Thursday evening as well if I really want to see fresh vintage pens...

Does the weekend trader's pass work on Thursday night too? I did that for the first time last year and was there for the free-for-all Friday before tables were getting setup, but it sounds like something similar goes on Thursday evening as well if I really want to see fresh vintage pens...

Rick,

The weekend trader pass will get you in for Thursday at well. In the past people have been set up by 9am on Thursday, with this being a new location I am not sure how early they will be set up but my guess is early.

Pearce.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are hunting vintage pens, get there as early as you can. If you want a retail shopping experience, buying new pens and accessories, get there later. The retail sellers don't usually do their full set up on Thursday, though much also depends on the arrangement of the display area. At all too many shows, the full display area isn't available until Friday or even Saturday.

Following up on a previous comment, even though the show starts on Thursday will there be many vendors there that day or is it more of a setup day? If I can make it to the show it will only be a couple hours and Thursday would work better with my schedule.

In past years, we (M&M Vintage Pens) were set up by no later than noon on Thursday. This year, we're Weekend Traders, so no early setups! :D

Your produce alone was worth the trip...

Is anyone driving to the DC Show?... Arriving on Thursday?

And.. how do I get the weekend trader pass?... I sent an email almost a month ago and no one has replied to it.

Sorry, if that was answered before.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Are the hours on Thursday and Friday the same as Saturday/Sunday (10-5)?

Sorry to keep ask questions on the forum but the official website doesn't have the info.

Is anyone driving to the DC Show?... Arriving on Thursday?

And.. how do I get the weekend trader pass?... I sent an email almost a month ago and no one has replied to it.

Sorry, if that was answered before.

C.

I've been to the DC show twice and will be there again. I just buy the traders pass at the show. That seems to work best.

Are the hours on Thursday and Friday the same as Saturday/Sunday (10-5)?

Sorry to keep ask questions on the forum but the official website doesn't have the info.

I've found that the hours are kind of flexible. Some vendors are there before 10 AM. Don't know if the new venue will be the same, but I'm assuming that it will be about the same

I printed out my traders pass registration form and mailed a physical check as the site said. Do I get something in the mail, or will my pass be there for me when I get there on Thursday? Is there any way I can make sure the registration went okay? Aside from the knowledge my check was cashed, of course?

Stephen BRE Brown posted on Facebook that he is coming to DCSS.

Jake Weidman, the world's youngest Master Penman, posted today on FB that he'll have a table there.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

I printed out my traders pass registration form and mailed a physical check as the site said. Do I get something in the mail, or will my pass be there for me when I get there on Thursday? Is there any way I can make sure the registration went okay? Aside from the knowledge my check was cashed, of course?

In previous years, you picked up your pass at the check in desk, even if you mailed in a check beforehand. I would not expect to receive anything in the mail prior.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

In previous years, you picked up your pass at the check in desk, even if you mailed in a check beforehand. I would not expect to receive anything in the mail prior.

Thank you :)