What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

Today, I sadly ran out of one of the best inks I have used - DeAtramentis Mint Turquoise - that was in my Leonardo Momento Zero Positano. This was the very last of the bottle. I wanted to give it a proper "going out" and put it into a pen of the same color. And I finished it this morning.

The ink is a wonderfully soft shade of turquoise and has wonderful shading. It isn't either wet or dry so it has been perfect for almost any pen I have used it in. It is slightly lubricating which makes the nibs glide across the paper. I like it on either white or cream papers, but it is at its finest when used on Tomoe River paper.

Yes, I will order another bottle soon.

But, for now, it is a bittersweet moment. Adieu!

Edited by 5Cavaliers

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today, I sadly ran out of one of the best inks I have used - DeAtramentis Mint Turquoise - that was in my Leonardo Momento Zero Positano. This was the very last of the bottle. I wanted to give it a proper "going out" and put it into a pen of the same color. And I finished it this morning.

The ink is a wonderfully soft shade of turquoise and has wonderful shading. It isn't either wet or dry so it has been perfect for almost any pen I have used it in. It is slightly lubricating which makes the nibs glide across the paper. I like it on either white or cream papers, but it is at its finest when used on Tomoe River paper.

Yes, I will order another bottle soon.

But, for now, it is a bittersweet moment. Adieu!

~ 5Cavaliers:

Requiem for Mint Turquoise.

That's genuine compassion.

Tom K.

I see a pen-cleaning day coming soon.

I "finished" my Montblanc 146 with Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa. I love Tsuyu-kusa. It is such a happy shade of blue. But, just like I rotate my pens, I also rotate my inks. So, after cleaning, I will refill this pen with another ink.

I also finished my Lamy 2000 with Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-Peki - another wonderful blue. My Lamy 2000 is a wet, medium nib so it lays down a line much broader than most mediums. I love using with Kon-Peki on Tomoe River paper because it really shows the beautiful sheen of the ink.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Last night I finished a few pens that were in my "to do" tray. I cleaned up and installed a new nib in a weird later Waterman bchr screw cap eyedropper with no number on the bottom. I thought it would take a #2 nib but that was too small but found that a 5a nib fits. She writes nicely and is nice in the hand. The other pen was a nice huge Liberty pen and pencil combo in a nice swirl pattern that got a new sac and was cleaned up. The Z clip was loose so I shot some shellac in the slit it goes through to try and stop it from wiggling. At least the clip is still there since most Z clips I find are sheared off. Some other pens I cleaned and polished were a Parker 21 with the chrome cap with gold tone trim, a Pilot aerometric with a double broad nib, and a neat Moore bulb filler got a new bulb along with a clean up.

I finished two - a Aurora Optima Perla Noir filled with Gourmet Pens Pink and a Leonardo Momento Zero Pietra Marina filled with Monteverde Caribbean Blue.

Edited by kulnet

Yesterday, a SailorxNagasawa Proske with gold trim

And then I started a Pelikan m400 even though I'm trying to cut down on inked pens because I wanted to :)

After writing up a quick summary for a client, I finished my Lamy Pacific with DeAtramentis Emerald Green and my Caran d'Ache 849 with DeAtramentis Moss Green.

Sheaffer Balance II with Platinum Forest Black.

Surprised me -- it took four months to empty with a medium nib (granted, with 10 pens inked, and primarily being used for sudoku puzzles, it takes some time to empty any single one). Going to be soaking in water with periodic ultrasonic for some time to ensure I got out all the iron-gall remnants.

Need to work on the Delta Italia as it is about the same time period with Cassis Black.

Pens have been cleaned and will be stowed away......

fpn_1580331970__an1630w.jpg

Fred

This Masquerade...George Benson................Bicentennial Tall Ship Parade.....NY Harbor.......

• 2 weeks later...

Onoto Magna, the Silver 'ink visible" with No 7 nib. This is one of my finest pens for writing pleasure, combined with excellent ergonomics and aesthetics.

The ink privileged to be in it was Dimaine Green Black. ;)

eta: The large nib and concomitant large feed means that the pen keeps writing long after there is no visible ink through the barrel, an advantage if the pen is in regular (refilled) use. It has near the same continuing endurance as an Aurora "riserva magica" on reserve.

Edited by praxim

X

Pelikan M805 Royal Platinum Raden with Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire, Pelikan M815 Metal Striped with Sailor 123, and a Pelikan 100 with Pelikan Edelstein Onyx. It was a happy day for my 52 inked pens to see three of their brothers cleaned and put back into line!

Gobblecup ~

Conklin Duragraph that had Sailor Manyo Yonagi in it. This is a very nice blue ink which leans green. It has wonderful shading and a beautiful reddish sheen. Love this ink.

Lamy Al-Star with 1.5mm nib. This is a very dry pen. I had Sailor Manyo Yamabuki in it. Yamabuki is a yellow-orange ink that is a bit dry. I received this ink last week and thinking that it was as wet as the other Sailor Manyo inks, I filled the Lamy Al-Star with the ink. It did not work in this pen at all. I took the converter from the Al-Star and put it into my Lamy Safari with a B nib. Much, much better.

Sheaffer Targa with Waterman South Seas. The ink was already pretty concentrated and in this fairly dry pen, it was not a match made in heaven. But I finished the converter.

People may think me crazy, but I always leave a few extra drops of ink in the pen. I really don't like ink to dry in pens. If I leave a few drops, then I won't need to clean them right away. But the end of the week, I will have others to clean.

Some have suggested just filling the converter with distilled water if not cleaning right away. I haven't tried that yet.

Sheaffer Legacy Heritage King's Gold (had Colorverse Red Planet "Map of Mars")

Correction -- Colorverse "Monsoon Storm" (Pen Chalet LE)

Edited by BaronWulfraed

Italix Captains Commission with stub nib that had been filled with Sailor Manyo HaHa. What a delightful ink! Yes it is pale, but what shading!

Delta Horsepower with Franklin Christoph SIG nib that had been filled with Callifolio Omi Osun. Omi Osun is another very nice medium blue ink which has a slight green tint to it. Very nice to work with and cleans up easily.

Looks like the Green Shadow Wave Vac may (finally) be out of ink. I've been babying it along for a couple of weeks, with partially flushing the ink (vintage Quink Microfilm Black), because part of the time it seemed to just have a dried out nib (it doesn't cap super tightly). So, tomorrow I will give it a good flush and then decide what should be inked up in its stead, and with what color ink.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I don't usually "run out" as I try to keep them topped off but when I checked my PaperMate with the 1864 last night at work after doing a bunch of sudokus, I saw it was almost out. I filled it just last week iirc!

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.