What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

Finished my OmegaPen 6t yesterday with diamine teal.

that was the first charge i've finished with this pen. been enjoying quite a lot this pen.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TWSBI 580-AL, formerly with diluted Noodler's Suffragist's in it. Because I had already refilled it once with distilled water, it was relatively easy to flush out, except for a sort of shelf in the cap, which had a line of pink that I had trouble getting wiped with q-tips. So I let it soak, open end up, with ammonia solution in it and that seemed to do the trick. :thumbup: The cap is now rinsed out and is draining in a paper towel filled container, along with the rest of the pen.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Pilot Custom 74, SFM nib, with Visconti green. I'm trying to finish off that bottle, and am maybe 1.5 fills away!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

finished off a pilot e95s with iroshizuku kiri same. Thinking about doing my 3776 SF with that ink next (I pick 4 colors for each school semester)

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Re-inked my Pelikan M605 , stub with Pelican 4001 Blue Black ink.

Inked my Ranga 3M, 1.1mm steel nib with Diamine Ancient Copper.

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man

that he does not know until he takes up his pen to write.

Thackeray

Hi,

finished a Swan SM 205/60 with F/EF nib.

It had a railroading issue when writing with flex.

Setting the nib deeper into the section fixed the problem.

Greetings

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

Lamy 2000. For commentary, see FPN. :)

Ink was GvFC Violet Blue, which is a colour some might call purple. By any other name and all that.

X

Finished the day with an Eboya Natsume (Large sized) FM nib inked with the Sailor Okuyama and a Sailor Progear in Imperial Black EF nib inked with the Waterman Absolute Brown.

1950s era Pelikan 400, OB nib. I had been running diluted Edelstein Olivine (too lazy to flush the pen before now). And had just enough "juice" to get through this morning's journal entry.

Pen is now flushed and draining on paper toweling.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My M300 with Musk Green ran out right after I got to work last night. Then I got sick and had to go to the ER. I don't think the two are related.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Well, I wouldn't say I finished it. I tried J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir in my new Montblanc 146 with medium nib. OMG, the ink spread so much that it appears as though I was writing with a double broad. After a paragraph or two, I decided that the ink was just too wet for this pen. I emptied the residual EdS into spare vial, rinsed out the pen and loaded it with Stipula Calamo Dark Blue which is moderately wet. This provided much better results.

I did finish two of my Lamy Safaris - one that had GvFC Amazon (wonderful ink, but no longer produced) and Monteverde Caribbean Blue. Truthfully, I am not really wild about the color of the Monteverde Caribbean Blue in a fine nib. It isn't saturated enough and is fairly light. The ink does behave nicely though, but seems to work better in a wider nib.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Finished my Nakaya desk pen, with a Mottishaw B CI. It had Kon Peki. Can't wait to see it filled with Diamine Skull & Roses. Ordinarily I don't readily change inks I love, but I'm anxious to try S&R.

Waterman 0552. It may be lever fill with no great complexity in the collector yet on performance and appearance anyone would buy it today, and probably at a greater price than they are currently offered. Good size, light, comfortable, smooth, soft touch, useful capacity. i used Robert Oster Turquoise.

X

Waterman 52 1/2V, with a quite fine and somewhat flexible nib.

My slightly randomising system keeps throwing up Watermans. The replacement for this is an Edson, just for something from the other end of the scale.

X

Waterman 52 1/2V, with a quite fine and somewhat flexible nib.

My slightly randomising system keeps throwing up Watermans. The replacement for this is an Edson, just for something from the other end of the scale.

I have a 52 1/2v, and it too has a fine, and flexible, and fun, nib. :thumbup:

Have flushed out several pens today, as time permitted.

Visconti HS with a fine nib. Great pen

Equally great, a Lamy 2000, also with a fine nib.

A Pelikan M400 White Tortoiseshell, carrying a Broad and juicy nib. Perfect for those sheening inks.

A Pitman's Fono, which has a tad too much 'tooth' in its extra fine nib. In other words it's a bit scratchy. It will be put on one side for a little smoothing...along with a Hero 343, which also proved to have the same problem. Both of these pens were in use for the first time.

Finally, a Parker Sonnet Flighter, which is a bang-on reliable pen.

I'm not inking up replacements, as I have enough pens inked at the mo'.

:)

Soennecken 506 with Bonn-marked F nib. These are great pens. I could buy another of the brand. Several are not enough. Ink was GvFC Viper Green, which I quite like.

X

• 2 weeks later...

Whipped out the M300 with Stipula Musk Green at work tonight only to discover it was completely dry! :(

So I whipped out the M400 with Dark Blue. :)

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.