What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

My dark blue Pelikan M605 has been inked since I got a couple of years ago. It is my favorite pen, with Asa Gao, my favorite ink. Cleaned it, and laid it down to rest. The next morning was long enough. Filled it with Kon peki and back to work. I love this combination, too.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None. Just flushed the few in use as part of maintenance.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Jinhao 159 inked with Diamine Midnight. This is a smooth, creamy combination with. Eautiful color in the line.

Aurora 88K Aquila with M nib, filled with S T Dupont Royal Blue, by whoever makes it for them.

As a pen, the 88K is a typically wonderful Aurora 88, so I should concentrate on differences.

The Aquila term is said to come from a jeweller who either commissioned or persuaded Aurora to make a variant with a gold sheath, in a lot of 3000. Unlike many other golden versions of pens this is exactly a slip-on sheath for the pen. Aurora redesigned the underlying portion so the pen was not too thick after the sheath was slipped on, having also a metal rather than hard rubber or celluloid piston knob. It looks good, but a couple of problems arise compared with a standard 88 or 88K.

The ink window is hidden under the golden sheath, which is a bit clumsy. In Aurora fashion you can still write for a page after there is no ink that you can reveal by rocking the window.

The golden sheath is entirely without hallmarks. That is, it is likely cheap plating like a gold-looking watch. Fortunately it does indeed look good with no visible wear marks.

S T Dupont Royal Blue shades purple rather than a plain blue, darker than standard Royal Blues from Aurora, Pelikan or Waterman but more purple than blue compared with Montblanc or especially Visconti. I like all of them even if APW are much the same. Aurora is my preferred among those three.

X

Parker 75 Custom with Aurora black ink. This was among the very last models in the 75 series, made in France with an 18K medium nib. The pen has always looked very handsome but has been a hesitant writer compared with my other Parker pens. It is gradually flowing more as it's been used more, but by comparison with my 51s its joys are, so far, pretty much in its appearance.

Parker Vector (the new purple one, part of the reissue of French-made Vectors from this spring), with Robert Oster Black Violet.

Trying to decide whether to flush or refill with distilled water. I kinda like the color (it's a purple-black that's mostly black, but it's unbeliveably dry). Refilling another pen containing Midnight Sapphire with distilled water got me a color which was very nice, even diluted (and that ink has way better flow than Black Violet).

Also have some other pens which need flushing, like the TWSBI and the Decimo.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...

Namiki Yukari Royale. Again.

Gonna refill it with Sailor Sky High. Again.

Too many pens; too little writing.

Onoto 2500 in red woodgrain with 18k nib; ran out of GvFC Garnet Red, a colour which goes well in this pen. Provided you remember to start it up before using it in the day, it writes like a, um, reliable writing thing.

X

TWSBI 580-Al, pink, B nib. Now in the process of being flushed out (it had been previously used with diluted Lamy Vibrant Pink in it).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Got rid of a few cheap pens, clearance day aka bin day today. :D

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Krusac eland coffee wood burl. I'm trying to get down to 3 pens before I leave for a conference next week (I'm at four now).

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Finished my Sheaffer Legacy I (stub) (MB Winter Glow) which must've been close to empty already this morning and my GvFC E-motion (F) (P.W. Akkerman Bekakt Haags) which was full this morning.

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Yellow (Aztec gold? I don't know the official color name) Parker Vector, F nib.

• 2 weeks later...

Omas 556/S, the black one. Fine to extra fine nib is slightly toothy, somewhat flexible, managed Pelikan blue-black well. Putting it away as I have a few other pens untested as yet.

X

Flushing the JIF with El Dorado so I can move Sailor Yonada into that one and flush the JIF Yonada was in.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I've put my cheapo Parker Frontier aside to use my new TWSBI eco... whether it will be a mistake or not - I don't know yet ha.

'Someone shoot me please.'

~the delectable Louisa Durrell~

A Sheaffer Touchdown Craftsman with a medium nib filled with vintage Sheaffer Skrip Permanent Blue Black with RC-35. The ink is a great shader in this nib, and has a medium wetness that has made the nib smoother than many other inks I have tried with this pen, filling it up again with the same ink...

Edited by JakobS

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA