What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

My FrankenParker; a Super 21 deb with a 51 cap ran dry of Diamine Oxford Blue. Ill need to flush it and put it away this weekend.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Lamy Al-Star. I haven't cleaned it out yet, but when I do it won't be inked back up. I much prefer my Safari and will fill that up with Heart of Darkness.

I flushed an M150 that I'd been trying Monteverde Sapphire in because the ink is something of a bleeder and the 150 is too wet for it. :( Fortunately, the 140 I've also been trying it in in lays down a much finer line so the bleeding isn't as problematic.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I took a Pilot VP that was nearing empty on a long flight. I always keep the nib up when flying but the long flight and week of traveling did it in. When I went to use it today it had dried out. On to the next pen.

Finished an Onoto Streamline 5000 wth No 3 nib today. Here it is. Exciting looking pen, isn't it?

fpn_1528523267__onoto_5000__294_1_of_1.j

It is a 1920s pen I bought for very little, owing to the fact its barrel was faded hard rubber and all seals were shot, all of which things I was able to fix. The cap is pristine, presumably from another pen although it fits perfectly. Its patterning is clear, where on the barrel the pattern and writing are present and clear enough but depleted by breakdown of the surface layer.

This very plain pen is very well behaved. The ink shutoff works and flow is easy to keep reliable. Ink (Waterman Red) tended to dry in the nib after 24 hours, to be expected when there is no route for ink to replenish evaporated ink when the shutoff is closed. The pen is soon woken up when you turn on the flow, and runs reliably during a day. I like this boring pen. :)

X

I finished my Postal Wirt: a Postal Reservoir pen with a Paul Wirt nib. I have filled it three times in the last two weeks.

Ivory Waterman Charleston and a Cross Solo Classic

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

I finished off a fill of Edelstein Aquamarine in my Copper Esterbrook J and filled it with Private Reserve American Blue. PRAB was my first bottle of fountain ink, and I still enjoy using it.

post-30197-0-74724300-1528897338_thumb.jpg

Lamy 2000 filled with Noodler's Walnut. It's only ever had that ink in it, and probably always will, and the pen is always in my rotation, so tomorrow I'll fill it back up with the Walnut again.

My least favorite pen, the Monteverde Invincia Deluxe, which I had inked to compare its 1.1 stub to the medium cursive italic on another pen.

My Pelikan M1000 fine that was filled with 4001 Turquoise.

Coincidentally, I have run out of the same ink in a pen this evening, in my case a Montblanc 121. The MB's tines are just a tiny bit askew for best startup and writing, to be adjusted.

Pelikan Türkis is one of those commonplace excellences. ;)

X

Monteverde Neptune Blue in my Lamy 2000 with an OM nib. The ink was a gift to my husband from a fellow FPNner as she thought it was boring. I have to agree with her as not even my OM nib could make it look interesting. But, it is perfect for my husband who loves boring inks. (Eg Lamy Blue)

Pelikan M405, EF nib. (Yes, it actually can happen... :rolleyes:)

Trying to decide whether to flush it, refill with distilled water (because of being too lazy to flush it at the moment) or refill it; I really have a lot of ink samples to try, but Edelstein Tanzanite is such a great color....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Namisu Horizon Ebonite, bold nib, filled with Diamine Imperial Blue? Nice combo! Took me some time to actually enjoy this pen but now am really fond of its look & feel.

Monte Rosa 042 with Pelikan 4001 black. A pleasant little pen of the 1950s.

• 3 weeks later...

Omas 556/S with EF nib. For an extra fine nib, it is good, seems flexible, worked well with Montblanc Irish Green. They are not my preferred nib. I have replaced with a black Omas 556/S using Pelikan's Blau Schwarz. The fine nib with similar flexibility is much more to my liking. So far for my Omas purchases, so good.

X

Rapidly followed by the Tabo V, an amazingly good little pen with which to write, having one of those feedback-y Italian flexible nibs from the 1940s, a neat ink window with radial stripes, and a cap which does not readily post securely despite the fact posting is needed to write comfortably for more and a sentence or two. The ink was Lamy Dark Lilac, which suited its fine but flexible nib very well.

X

1950s era Pelikan 400. I'd been meaning to flush it for a while, because diluted Diamine Terra Cotta (from a refill with distilled water) made the ink so pale as to be illegible (I had been too lazy to refill or flush it, but finishing up a fill of another pen (since refilled) yesterday morning meant I had to do the last paragraph in my morning pages journal entry in the diluted Terra Cotta. And I was going "Why am I subjecting myself to this?"

Undiluted Terra Cotta is spectacular. Highly diluted Terra Cotta? Not so much.... :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I seem to finish pens in a rush, explained by the fact that I would come down to one or two then ink four more. Now, I keep four in rotation and fill another immediately one runs out, so from here there should be less clustering.

The one which now ran out was an Onoto Magna Classic in Blue Pearl, a c/c with the sort of quality in a Bock nib that one also finds in S T Dupont. This one was F, wider than a vintage F, not too wide. Trying out Pelikan's basic inks, this one had in it Königsblau.

X