What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

Onoto 3500 ran out all too soon, of Robert Oster's Fire Engine Red, in this case darkened by aged ink residues in the barrel. Great, slim pen, utterly plain and unadorned, without even a clip on its slip cap, but still the wonderful No 2 Onoto 14 ct nib and very well behaved. This pen is to keep.

X

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1524387196__img_3871.jpg

Colour is bonkers though…

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

My grandfather's carmine Sheaffer Balance 875, having run dry of Aurora Black about two hours ago, is having a little soak before I flush it out and put it away for a while.

Started flushing out the Lamy LX this evening. It had been running on the original cartridge of Lamy Blue, but diluted. So now the pen nib and feed, along with the new converter I picked up last month at the Baltimore/Washington Pen Show, are being flushed out.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Emptied the dregs from an S T Dupont Neo-classique, the Orient Express LE. I had not totally written it dry although it was down to the ink in the feed by that time. While I like the colour of Graf von Faber-Castell's Burnt Orange, I felt that the whole writing experience of this combination was good but not exciting, which I attribute mainly to the ink. The OE was great when I had Dupont's Royal Blue in it.

It is hard to see that putting Burnt Orange into a wetter pen will do much, and there is nothing much smoother than the OE's medium nib, so maybe it is that a page full of Burnt Orange is not really pleasant after all, no matter that a few words or lines look good. For longer writing, I hanker for a blue, turquoise or dark green.

X

fpn_1525158665__img_3894.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

Aurora 88K exhausted its supply of RMB, the Random Mix Bottle, which is a pretty dark green at present. This 88K performs very well after its adjusted ink flow and replaced piston seal, and will be set aside for use again. I had tended to think of the K model as little more than a transition from the original 88 to the 88P. It is a great pen in its own right.

X

My Kenrick and Jefferson Super Pen ran out today. I had tested it out with Platinum Carbon Black, and it went beautifully, so I'm going to run it through with a partial sack of Quink to wash it through, and then load it up again with Carbon Black. It's my workhorse EDC for work and official stuff, although, it's a thoroughbred.

My Waterman 12PSF noodle is about to run out of Diamine Red Dragon. It took a surprisingly long time to finish, and I don't really know what to fill it with next... I don't really have many exciting inks.

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

Finished (but then refilled) the Noodler's Safety Pen. Using Noodler's Luck of the Draw in it at the moment. I hadn't used the pen for a couple of weeks, and didn't know whether the pen was dried out, but it started right up (just didn't have more than about a half-page's worth of writing left in the pen until I refilled it).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I finished the repairs and final ink flow testing on fountainpencrazy's Montblanc 642 in green striated celluloid. I used MB BRG ink in honor of the barrel color. The ink feed needed to be replaced, and I loaded it up to test it to ensure proper ink flow. As it turns out, I did need to reset the nib over the feed, and make some additional adjustments. Now the ink flow is fine.

The pen will be in the Post to K in the morning! He and I are very anxious about shipping this pen.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Finished my Pelikan M400 IB brown tortoise filled with Edelstein smokey quartz and promptly refilled ith with the same. It just writes so fantastically I'm having trouble leaving it out of rotation.

"Oh deer."

Finished the fill of De Atramentis Tchaikowsky/Silver Grey in the Silver Pearl Vac Major. Trying to decide whether to refill, refill with distilled water, or just flush the pen.

Pilot Stella 90s with Pilot Blue Black. I'm having surgery tomorrow, so I'm going to give it a break while I'm recovering and ink up some pens that I haven't used.

That's good to know. I have a small bottle of Fount India, but haven't tried it in anything yet.

I've got my trusty black Pilot Metropolitan. I empty and refill it almost daily doing notes for class or practicing my cursive when I should be doing Chemistry. I've filled half of a large Rhodia dot pad with it and a quarter of a small spiral dot pad among dozes of pages of notebook paper. It's just a solid pen.

I'm probably going to refill it again tonight with some Noodler's Bernanke Black, my first and only bottle of black ink and I've made a surprising amount of head way into in the last few months.

Drained a Sheaffer Triumph Sentinel (striated green) of Diamine Midnight Blue this afternoon.

Its been flushed and will dry out a couple days before going back into the drawer.

Parker 45, m nib -- flushed out the last of the Iroshizuku Take-sumi.

I suspect that next up will be the Cross Solo, F nib, currently sporting Noodler's Red.

Also finished a fill of Edelstein Tanzanite in the striated blue M405, EF nib, but that pen got refilled immediately.

I bought some Pelikan 4001 inks recently. First to finish was the Dark Green in an Aurora 88, the one with Nikargenta cap. I have seen chrome caps also claimed to be Nikargenta. The real thing looks different and is labelled.

The 88 writes well as always. As a pen design and implementation it remains a real favourite for me. Pelikan’s dark green is also a very pleasing and useful colour, especially given it is part of a group of more economical inks. Like the Waterman range, these basic ink lines can be under-rated.

X