The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Pen Did You Finish Today?

• Please log in to reply
572 replies to this topic

#441 praxim

praxim

On twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:59

Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl, with an F nib which I prefer in Pelikans. Excellent like any M800, and very pretty to see. The ink was Robert Oster Turquoise, one of the better turquoise colours around in my view. Both will be welcomed back in different combinations later.

Anyone owning three or more working pens is in no position to disparage choices by others.

Sponsored Content

#442 praxim

praxim

On twig

• 3,262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:17

Rapidly followed by the Waterman Man 100 Opera with M nib. I had two Operas so sold one last year on the basis of "duplicate". I am trusting the new owner is enjoying theirs as much as I do the remaining one and its companion Man 100s. It is a very sharply attractive pen in the black-and-gold stream, with a hard nib from which ink flows like a lubricant over glass, a very similar experience to that from an S T Dupont; not that I am about to dispense with any other Man 100 or Dupont.

The ink in this case was Graf von Faber Castell's Garnet Red. I do not recall what reviews of that were like. I have it as a preferred ink in the red-violet-purple range.

Being down to a lone inked pen, it is time to select some more.

Anyone owning three or more working pens is in no position to disparage choices by others.

#443 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,097 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2018 - 18:42

Just cleaned out a Lamy Safari, with a Broad nib. Had it inked with Diamine's Magical Forest. The Magical Forest works well for me, getting a nice silver sheen in the green. 

#444 Noihvo

Noihvo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 18:14

fpn_1520532856__img_3764.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

#445 praxim

praxim

On twig

• 3,262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 22:06

Yes, that is an English idiom. :)

I know the feeling, having wasted some time writing out Oster's Yellow Sunset rather than dump it from a pen that did not suit it. One has to remind oneself that wasting ink may be a lesser waste than the time taken to "use" it, although I do keep a dregs bottle now.

#446 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 00:30

Finished the fill in the Pilot Decimo, but refilled it again with my just purchased bottle of Kon-peki.

Also pretty close to the end of the fill of KWZI IG Turqoise in a Parker Vector with a (possibly non-pro job) stub nib.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#447 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:29

Finished a Sheaffer II Deluxe with a medium nib with KWZ Baltic Memories, after three fills, I now have it filled with KWZ IG Green Gold.
FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#448 Tasmith

Tasmith

Uff Da!

• Member - Gold

• 1,447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:23

Wahl Eversharp Symphony filled with Pelikan 4001 Black.

#449 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• 11,599 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:39

Bordeaux MB 144 with MB Royal Blue.  Medium nib is too wet and wide.

Edited by pajaro, 09 March 2018 - 02:40.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#450 inkeverywhere

inkeverywhere

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:34

The last finished pen was a Twsbi Eco, although many months back. An absolute waste of money, continually burped ink using a number of diffrent manufacturer's products.

Since then I have had the same 5 pens in constant use, what a boring life!

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

#451 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• 1,091 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:06

Finished the TWSBI Vac 700 that ran on KWZ Aztec Gold IGL

got it cleaned and is now drying out.

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

#452 praxim

praxim

On twig

• 3,262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:59

Dumped Waterman Green from the EF Pelikan 100, the only EF nib I have, in favour of Aurora Black which is said to be more lubricated and appears to have that behaviour in this pen. Given the nib, it does emerge with a somewhat grey line, but more pleasantly in writing. While usually preferring M and F nibs, I like this little pen so will keep it after it finishes this ink, simply noting for it that it must have something of similar lubricity.

#453 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 14,347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:54

TWSBI 580-AL.  

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#454 sharonspens

sharonspens

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:28

Sailor 1911L, Tangerine.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

#455 minddance

minddance

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,025 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:58

Pilot 74sfm with oxblood + Kodak Photoflo.

#456 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• 1,091 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:48

Visconti HS with an EF nib running out of Diamine Oxblood. Now that lava, the EF nib and the Oxblood are a dreamteam!

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

#457 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 14,347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2018 - 17:54

Red Parker 61, M nib -- refilled it with distilled water to the point it was pretty illegible on the page.  I've been running that pen (just refilling it or flushing it slightly with distilled water as needed) since I got it last November at the Ohio Pen Show.   :thumbup: 

Blue Parker 45 (Arrow?), OF or OM nib -- Califolio Gris de Payne is a pretty color but way too (and I'm increasingly of the opinion that the pen writes dry to begin with....  :(

#458 praxim

praxim

On twig

• 3,262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:51

Onoto 6233 finished in a burst of writing late today. The 3/ST nib is very smooth and pretty wet with GvFC Burnt Orange as the ink. 3/ST nibs were meant for stenography, so should have good line variation with differences in pressure. I think a slightly drier ink would help that. Burnt Orange darkens considerably as it dries, which seems common to yellow and orange inks. This one is very acceptable in both phases, writing and afterward.

The fact that I repaired this pen with a brass rod means there is a dull gold disc centred in the end of the plunger knob. That looks fine, quite a nice match for the gold clip and rings. I have dropped an earlier thought about trying to blacken or conceal it. The pen was totally well-behaved, useable any time.

#459 overwriter

overwriter

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2018 - 17:11

Just flushed out a Waterman Expert II with a fine nib and an old Green M400 with a medium nib. The Expert had Diamine Florida Blue in it and the M400 was inked with Lamy Turquoise. Both are great writers and both inks are easy to clean up.

Praxis asked once what I thought of Lamy Turquoise. Sorry I didn’t answer. It is a good ink. I don’t like dark blues or blues with purple in them and Lamy Turquoise looks good on the page. It is also cheap which is a good thing because I go through a lot of ink. Another favourite Turquoise is Diamine. If you like a darker Turquoise, Pelikan or Visconti are nice. All of these look great on the page, dry at least reasonably quickly, and clean up easily.

#460 praxim

praxim

On twig

• 3,262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:42

Onoto 2500 (No.3 nib) filled with MB Corn Poppy Red. This lovely little pen, a combination of black with red woodgrain hard rubber delineated by thin gold bands, writes very well but has obvious problems with excessive flow, mainly owing (I expect) to failure of the plunger cone to mate with the shutoff and possibly to poor top seals. Now that it is finished it is on the workbench awaiting investigation, queued up behind a 6233 needing a new plunger parts and rod, and a 6234 needing a new cork seal screw.

Sponsored Content

|