What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

The De La Rue 1220, also a small lever filler with limited ink capacity, ended its run with GvFC Hazelnut Brown. The fairly wet and very smooth nib made this ink darker than I had seen previously. Excellent ink. The pen will go away for its expected rest before eventually being welcomed back for another outing.

X

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black Croxley fitted with a nib and a Danish Duofold NS resaced and new cap. I bought the two pens and, as if by a miracle, a broken Croxley with a Duofold cap turned up on E-bay. The super smooth nib went into the nibless Croxley and the cap was from the right model of Duofold.

Warm feeling inside!

Preppy 0.5 with a Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue cartridge. That pen is surprising wet; one cartridge doesn't seem to last too long.

Black Croxley fitted with a nib and a Danish Duofold NS resaced and new cap. I bought the two pens and, as if by a miracle, a broken Croxley with a Duofold cap turned up on E-bay. The super smooth nib went into the nibless Croxley and the cap was from the right model of Duofold.

Warm feeling inside!

Nearly similar thing happened to me. I bought a 51 that had a Parker VS gold filled cap on it along with a Pelikan 140 that had a Pelikan 400NN cap on it.

A few month later I found a VS pen that had a 51 cap on it and a Pelikan 400NN pen that had a Pelikan 140 cap on it. And so eventually all the four pens (Parker VS, Parker 51, Pelikan 140 and Pelikan 400NN got completed without paying any extra penny, on my part, for the required parts. And the funny thing is that all four pens were bought pretty cheap because they all had mismatched caps.

:)

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

The above anecdotes are rather splendid. I feel abashed that I can't come near equaling those wrong-cap experiences. At a more modest, not to say quotidian level:

Blue Parker Aero Duofold Jnr with tediously correct 10 nib, and Parker 51 Demi, gold-filled cap, burgundy barrel, both pens with wet medium nibs.

Nothing abnormal about an Aurora Optima Primavera, not even a crack anywhere. The marking on the feed claims the nib to be an M but it writes like an F, and may have been changed before I owned it. The green Auroloide has more depth than on the Mare or more modern blue Auroloide Optima, although not matching a Pelikan 805 OS. The ink I cleaned out is one of my favourites, Graf von Faber Castell Moss Green.

X

Went to work with four pens yesterday and came home with three of them empty:

Kaweco Al-Sport Stonewashed blue - J. Herbin Orange Indien

Kaweco Al-Sport June Bride for Bungubox - Sailor June Bride sth. Blue

TWsbi Eco - Pilot Iroshizuku Chiku rin

All clearaed and out of the rotation for the moment, because I want to empty a few more.

The stonewashed Kaweco will most likely go to work with me the next week.

Lamy 2000 medium ran out of Sailor Souten and got a refill... love the ink color but it dries in the nib too fast no matter what pen I use.

At least now I have a good excuse to try some Iroshizuku next summer ;)

Both my Lamy Vista 1.5 and Lamy Al-Star 1.1 ran out of MB Winter Glow. The Christmas season is officially over.

Cleaned them both and filled'em up. The Vista now runs on Diamine Grape and the Al-Star on Iroshizuku Ku-jaku.

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Wearever Pacemaker with a 14K Morrison medium/fine nib - inked with Sailor Jentle Blue-Black.

Just ran dry about an hour and a half ago. It's soaking a little before I give it a final rinse and put it away so I can work on finishing up the Penol Ambassador inked with MB Black.

Finished the first from the latest crop of inking, an original (1970s) Aurora Hastil with M nib, filled with GvFc Violet Blue, a very nice colour with the rich Hastil flow, and one of several GvFC inks I seem to be going through recently. The Hastil itself is a little slim for extended writing (for my preference) but a good writer and an attractive pen one automatically keeps and uses again.

X

Clean..dry..and ready to be stowed......................

fpn_1517082754__finishfinitofino.jpg

Fred

Ditty Bag v Duffel Bag

Nice bunch, Freddy! What's the purple one on the right?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Nice bunch, Freddy! What's the purple one on the right?

That would be a Signum Nova in Regal Purple a c/c filler with 750/1000 Au medium soft expressive nib.

Outstanding pen.

Fred

That would be a Signum Nova in Regal Purple a c/c filler with 750/1000 Au medium soft expressive nib.

Outstanding pen.

Fred

Thanks - looks gorgeous too.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I actually cleaned one pen and inked one that came in the mail today. The new one is a TWSBE Diamond 580 with a 1.1 stub. It's inked with Organics Studio Nitrogen Royal Blue. While I like the way a stub writes -- this is my first -- it is destined to be an occasional writer.

The one I cleaned was my Otto Hutt Design 06 in black, with a medium nib. It had Iroshizuku kon-peki in it, and I switched to Mont Blanc black. I received this pen a few weeks ago and it has rapidly become my go to pen for literally anything at my desk -- paying bills, writing notes, letters and cards, etc.

Emptied and cleaned a Parker 51 that had been filled with Visconti Green ink. And I finished a Franklin Christoph Model 02 filled with Franklin Christoph Black Cherry, but I refilled that one.

I am a few lines away from emptying an Esterbrook Dollar Pen filled with Private Reserve Velvet Black.

Sharon in Indiana

Edited by sharonspens

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway