What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

Santini, in the Guernica pattern which, barring the original subject matter, is very attractive. Previously I had been unimpressed with Graf von Faber Castell Cobalt Blue. In this pen it was a good alternative to the usual suspects like Aurora Blue or Waterman Florida / Serenity. However, the pen itself needs just a little work on a tine which is both partially offset from the other and slightly twisted, just enough to stop the pen behaving perfectly at every stroke.

X

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

StylOchap Elegance: LE xxx/400 late'80's early '90's Safety eyedropper fill woodgrain ebonite Ag overlay cap/barrel.

I fitted a Waterman #2 semi-flexie nib. I may refill on the morrow.......

Fred

Adios

I just finished a Lamy Safari Petrol with a medium nib. The ink was lamy petrol.

A lamy safari black with a 1.1 stub nib, the ink was Noodlers Liberties Elysium.

A vintage Detroit Fountain Pen Company,Competitor with a vintage flex nib, the ink was waterman Harmonious Green

Franklin-Chrisotoph Model 66 Stablis. EF nib. Franklin-Christoph Loden ink. I was using it to fill out Christmas Cards. Lots of Christmas Cards.

Merlin 33, OMAS violet, and Platinum 3776 Yamanaka, Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki. The latter is the pen I've kept consistently inked all year, so I am trying to decide whether to refill it one more time to get through December (I need to fill some pens for Christmas cards - as Clazbill noted, lots of cards).

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Aurora Italian Flag , the red one, with a fine nib or should I say a normal F nib which is a very fine one indeed. This and its green and white companions are limited editions of the Optima with 18k nibs, so very satisfying to use. The colours are flat, solid, rather than patterned or swirled. It makes a nice change.

Ink was Diamine Ruby which does not seem to get much press around here but has proven a pretty and well behaved red. La Couronne du Comte threw it in unbidden with the order before last. Hmm, have I been spending too much money over there? ;)

X

Not today, but yesterday flushed out the Midnight Blue 51 Aerometric I picked up in June at the Triangle Pen Show. Liked how Lamy Pacific Blue worked in it, but it's time for a change, and I have lots of other ink samples to try out....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My Metallic Purple Sport with Cross Violet started skipping late tonight, the cart is almost out it seems. Will refill when I get home.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Dollar 717i with what I'm guessing is an F/M nib on it. Noodler's Brexit is an interesting color, but diluted it's too light to be really legible. So I finished the diluted fill last night and let the nib and feed soak overnight in dilute ammonia solution to flush it out. I think I've gotten all the rings of ink from where there was buildup inside the chamber (from when I had to move the piston forward several times -- the downside of this pen is that it gets lots of air bubbles in the ink chamber), and am now soaking it, nib down, in distilled water. But there is still a Brexit-colored line at the end of the piston.

Anyone know how to disassemble the pen (easily :o -- i.e., so that it can be REassembled B)) so I can swab the end of the piston? And possibly replace or add an O-ring?

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My Montegrappa with a Mr Pen medium cursive stub nib ran out of Rikyu-cha. Will be cleaned and stored later today.

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Yesterday evening, an Aurora Optima Mare, medium nib. Great pen of course. I had been using Robert Oster's Deep Sea, a colour which after initially thinking little of it, I came to like on the page so I will be using that again in the future too. However, I found when cleaning the pen it took some time to get the ink window entirely clear of the colour. That was not expected.

X

S T Dupont Classique, the later model with the shorter rather than the earlier longer section, if that is a thing rather than a different model entirely. I bought this one for its beautiful red Chinese lacquer finish. Using Lamy Dark Lilac the line is very broad. I doubt the seller's description of medium. The tine gap is normal but the tipping clearly broader than on my Classique 1.

X

I just changed the cartridge from a Kaweco Sport Classic to my new Kaweco Al Sport. Cant decide which one I enjoy more.

Waterman 0552 1/2V which had been filled with Lamy Turquoise. This is the smallest of three 52 1/2v pens I have, measuring only 86 mm when you remove the cap but still a handy 127 mm posted, as it necessarily is. An excellent nib of course. A nifty little pen, so long as you did not plan an extended session of writing; the ink sac is tiny.

X

Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoise. I refilled with distilled water, but not liking what Visconti Brown looks like when diluted, so I'll probably just go ahead and flush it completely.

Dollar 717i with what I'm guessing is an F/M nib on it. Noodler's Brexit is an interesting color, but diluted it's too light to be really legible. So I finished the diluted fill last night and let the nib and feed soak overnight in dilute ammonia solution to flush it out. I think I've gotten all the rings of ink from where there was buildup inside the chamber (from when I had to move the piston forward several times -- the downside of this pen is that it gets lots of air bubbles in the ink chamber), and am now soaking it, nib down, in distilled water. But there is still a Brexit-colored line at the end of the piston.

Anyone know how to disassemble the pen (easily :o -- i.e., so that it can be REassembled B)) so I can swab the end of the piston? And possibly replace or add an O-ring?

https://youtu.be/-wVctk0Tc4Q

Khan M. Ilyas