• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the three Colours of the Italian Flag in rotation at the moment, Aurora LE pens based on the Optima. The white (M) is at the nether end of its reserve so about to fall out. In a minor blunder I accidentally filled both it and the green with the same ink, GvFC Turquoise, so I have been racing these two to exhaust at least one of them.

X

Not quite out of ink (but getting there) is the Lamy Safari, currently running Platinum Classic Forest Black IG. Trying to decide the merits of another fill (I really like the ink a whole lot) vs. flushing (it *is* an iron gall ink, after all).

Part of me is going "Well, it's an iron gall. Plus there are some other pens/inks to play with, and you've got too many pens inked up at the moment...." But part of me is going, "Oh go for broke, refill it! Besides, you can't flush an acidic ink while you're trying to drain the Vacumatic with a dead diaphragm, now can you...."

Yesterday it was the Pilot Metropolitan, with Nemosine Aeolus Palus Red. Beautiful color, but it was getting cloggy. :( And then the first pass at the Vac....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Had to do some writing today. So filled up my Parson's essential (medium cursive stub) with Akkerman 23 Bekakt Haags. And just finished it. Pen got cleaned and is now resting after a hard day's work.

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Finished the MB Lavender ink in an S T Dupont neo-classique, the Cheval edition. Lovely ink, lovely pen, great regret before it comes around again.These small things keep pushing me to reduce my collection rather than continually increase it.

X

My M150 with the initial fill of Dark Forest ran out at work tonight, will have to refill it when I get home. Been using it a lot so it went fast.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• 3 weeks later...

My Estie just ran out of Diamine Oxblood. Will clean it later today and store it (no refill, no other pen gets filled: I've still got too many pens filled)

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

As it happens, having just finished the Estie, I continued my writing with my Sheaffer Legacy I (factory stub)... for only a few lines before that pen ran out of Diamine Grape. Awaits cleaning too.

Ancora Perla red has run out this evening. It may be a little harsh but, mindful of a concurrent thread about one’s best pen, the Ancora slips into the second tier (there are more tiers below that). Its girth is just a bit too much for longer term writing for my comfort. I love the pen, attractive and with a very good in-house nib, so will happily keep and use it again.

X

Looks as if the Sheaffer Fineline lever filler I picked up recently and had repaired at the Ohio Pen Show has run dry (about 3/4 of the way through my morning journal entry. And since I don't have Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue to refill it with, guess that's getting flushed out next....

Well, it's a good thing that the other two pens I had repaired at the show (and the two I bought there) are now all inked up.... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos and formatting

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I did some flushing and filling yesterday, I also in the process ended up with 7 pens inked instead of 10.

Currently inked:

TWSBI 580 B stub/Diamine Merlot

Parker 51 Special (?)/Lamy Pacific (was in my TWSBI Eco)

Esterbrook LJ Bell Systems pen 2464/Sheaffer Skrip Emerald Green (vintage pen/vintage ink) It previously had Noodler's Black.

Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne B/Diamine Saddle Brown (refill)

Pelikan 140 F/Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

Pelikan M200 Cognac F/Blackstone Red Cashmere

Pelikan M200 blue marbled OB/Blackstone Green Cashmere

Flushed and out: Jinhao 599, TWSBI Eco, Parker 45 (A)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Franklin-Christoph Model 02 in Italian Ice, formerly filled with Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway