What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

Finished my MB 149 this morning (was on MB Lavender), cleaned it.

Finished my Vista (1.5) shortly after lunch (was filled with KWZ Aztec Gold), filled it with Sailor Rikyu-cha.

Just finished my Al Star (1.1) that ran on MB lavender as well and filled it with Sailor Yama-Dori

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cleaned out a few pens today.

Four Jihhao 992's. Great little pens, and smooth writers. Just the converter is a weak point, with ink getting behind the piston. In one case, escaping into the barrel. No damage done though, and at the price, who's complaining. The converter can be stripped down easily enough, and regreased.

A Jinhao X450. Solid pen, and does the job.

LingMo Lorelei. Again, a nice little pen.

Kaweco Perkeo. A brilliant cheap and cheerful pen, along the lines of the Pilot Kakuno. Smooth.

Pilot Kakuno. A real smiley pen! Great.

Pilot 823. Cleaned out ready for an incoming bottle of kon-peki.

MB 146 and Lamy 2000. Nothing to say about these pens. They are classics.

All these pens were inked with Private Reserve inks...Electric DC Blue, DC Supershow Blue, or Gray Flannel...excepting the 823, which had Robert Oster Fire and Ice.

I still have a bunch of inked pens, but nothing new on the way, so that's ok...oh, apart from that Parker Harlequin, and a couple of Jinhao 15's. :D

I've had a Pilot Volex in my shirt pocket for a while now, stainless steel, fine nib, Noodler's Bernanke Blue. It's a great pen for that spot but after two months it's time to give something else a chance.

So it's cleaned up and back in the box and an Eversharp Skyline has taken its place.

JS

Edited by johnsi02

An Aurora 88 from1952 has been in occasional use for ages, assuming one ages a lot in a month. The nib appears to be fine; they do not come labelled. It was well suited by Aurora Black ink (my only black) so will probably get the same when it eventually sidles back into use next year. Vintage 88s remain among my favourite everyday pens. I have half a dozen available (two others needing a little work) so there is usually one on hand.

X

Bexley Prometheus in turquoise (m) was containing Sailor souten and written dry within six days. Cleaned and refilled with Sailor dorcus hopei bin. black for Kingdom Note.

Edited by parkerwasmyfirstlove

My TWSBI 580-AL. I actually ran it for a good long while after I bought it, refilling it once or twice (De Atramentis Sky Blue, bought at the same time as the pen). That pen really holds a LOT of ink, and even though it has a broad nib, it took a while to go through it all. So, because I have a lot of pens inked up at the moment, I will probably just flush it and take it out of rotation for a bit, and then try another ink in it (much as I liked how Sky Blue looked agains the pink trim.... :D

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Since I currently only use my three Prometheus and two Duofolds, plus the Lamy AL-Star for sketching, since I don't have a particular bond to it and it's robust enough to be used for urban sketching, it's no surprise that once again two Prometheus ran dry.

Prometheus in black raspberry ebonite (F) was containing Diamine saddle is now inked up with Sailor nioi sumire.

Prometheus Mint Chip (M) was containing Diamine Teal is now inked up with Sailor rikyuu cha.

Edited by parkerwasmyfirstlove

Scriptorium Balladeer, stub nib. It was filled with Papier Plume's Mardi Gras Indians Purple. I have several other samples of Papier Plume ink, so I may just keep that pen in place to use them up.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

A dark red Big Ben 50. New sac, polished and adjusted the nib which had bent off the feed at the end.

It is a plastic pen, so guess it dates from the early 1950's and looks like a Mark IV Victory with a tapered Mark V barrel.

My vintage Conklin Crescent with a #3 nib ran dry in the middle of a word today. I flushed it, and currently have it nib down on a paper towel to dry a bit before putting it away.

It's a lovely writer, but elderly, and can spit the occasional drop of ink when flustered, so I was using it only at home. I plan to ink up another one of my vintage pens, but will take a little while to decide which, as I have three more modern ones currently inked.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

Delta Dolcevita OS, as an homage to Delta, which is in difficulties.

post-33908-0-32116600-1503409435_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogerico

Roger

fpn_1503726495__babbowaverlyplace.jpg

Clean dry and ready to be stowed

Fred

Jazz Cat in Residence, Bex {Meow}

183 West 10th Street NY NY

Edited by Freddy

I guess I am a bit different. Since I clean all my filled pens about once a week - no longer than once every two weeks - when I finish a pen, I generally hold it until wash day. I have been using this routine a long time, and have learned how much ink to fill them with to make it to the end of the week - stubs get a full fill, fine points get about 1/2 fill. It also depends whether they are piston or converter filled as I might go a bit longer with my piston fillers since they hold so much more ink. Perhaps the only exception is when I am testing out new inks, which are tested only in converter filled pens, with only 1/2 fill. If the ink works well, then I might refill the converter to carry me through the week. On "wash day", they are all flushed and washed, some are rotated into storage and others are brought out, then filled for the next week. I generally have 10-12 pens filled each week.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

By coincidence, my Parker 45 Flighter (medium nib, Monteverde Mandarin Orange ink) and my wife's Montblanc 221 (medium nib, Iroshizuku asa-gao) ran out last night. I refilled my Parker but just flushed my wife's MB pending her choosing her next ink.

post-136347-0-54806000-1503882155_thumb.jpg

Edited by DavidD62