What Pen Did You Finish Today?

praxim

fpn_1500243913__nullusliberhomocapiaturv

Clockwise: Parker early 75 in a .925 Grid pattern C/C filler Waterman 52 in bchr LF Parker Custom 45 C/C

Bexley Celebration Independence C/C Waterman 454 .925 Pansy Panel pattern LF ASA Pens Sniper ED & C/C filler

Pilot post war LF..............................

Fred

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Lamy Al-star 1.1 was on KWZ Aztec Gold IGL and is now filled with MB Lavender Purple.

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Parker Duofold Centennial Big Red which had Sailor yam dori and shortly afterwards my Bexley Prometheus in turquoise which was containing Sailor Souten.

Both are refilled now. The Parker has Diamine Oxblood and the Bexley a cartridge Diamine Midnight. Love the new combinations even better, think they're keepers.

Now that's an ink I'd buy not even knowing what colour it is (some shade of green I presume).

Any writing samples (or even better: a review) you could share?

I don't, offhand, but check in the Ink Reviews Forum. The ink was made by FPN member Pharmacist, who was the first person on here, AFAIK, who was playing around with IG inks in colors other than blue-black (this was a couple of years before ethernautrix got introduced to Konrad of KWZI fame at a pen show someplace in Poland). And yes, it's a slightly blue-leaning green (one of the few in that spectrum I can stomach, preferring greens that lean a little yellow).

I don't know what's been going on with Pharmacist the past couple of years. When he first started doing the different colors of ink, he had about 5 or 6 colors besides the blue-black, and was selling 3 packs of your choice in colors. I got that one, the Terra Incinerata (a greenish sepia, which he later said he was going to see about reformulating to make it less green because he didn't like it) and Turkish Night (a cyan that oxidized to green). Never got to try his orange, purple, or red IG inks (he said he didn't really like how the red turned out and wasn't going to do more, but people whined at him). Someone gave me a sample of Urkundentinte (the blue black) and I had hoped to get a full bottle, but the next year he had technical issues and a family emergency; then a year or two after that he resurfaced long enough to say that he was swamped and had to do a lot of traveling for his job, and I don't think he's been around much, if at all, since then.

Oh, wait -- I can scan in the stuff I did when I first tried the ink out, now that I have a working scanner again. It may be a day or two though. Mind you, it's a few years old at this point. I had tried to take before and after pictures of Turkish Night, but it oxidized to fast for me to get a camera up to my face....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

but check in the Ink Reviews Forum.

how stupid of me, 3 excellent reviews available. Thx for the further background story!

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Emptied my Vac 700 1.1 and refilled it with the same R&K Alt-Goldgrün. A joy to look at in the pen (and to write with I may add)

Duke Uranus 620, was containingWaterman tender purple and later today my

Parker Urban Premium mb, was containing Sailor kin mukusei.

Both cleaned and out of rotation for the moment.

Waterman Exception (large) with F nib. This was one of my earliest new pens. I recollect last year being a little put off by its shape. Now, it is fine, a workmanlike pen, a little distinctive in appearance, smooth hard 18k nib, very solid and comfortable.

The ink was an accidental concoction of about two parts RO Yellow Sunset and one each of RO Green Olive, Waterman <irrelevant name> Blue and Waterman <silly name> Purple. This light green wrote very well and, as seems to be the case with RO Yellow, gradually darkened with time in use.

The pen goes away as I have a bunch of Auroras to ink up just as soon as I get through a few more pens.

X

Joining the Exception on the sidelines is the Waterman 452 1/2V, a tiny silver beauty whose only flaw is to hold too little ink. The ink was Montblanc Shakespeare Velvet Red which seems to go very nicely in style with older pens for all that red colours are suspected of being sac-eaters. A pity I have only one bottle of the Velvet Red. I would happily use it more often but for compulsions to rotate, and I might let that 452.5v back a little sooner than it ought as well.

X

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally ran my Eversharp Skyline out of Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Green this morning.

For a pen with such a small reservoir, that thing just kept writing for ages... and it's a pretty wet writer, too. It defies physics.... must be magic or something.

Running a little late now, but I'll flush it out tomorrow and put something else into the rotation.

fpn_1501718323__novemfoxtrotwhiskee.jpg

Pens cleaned and to be stowed........................................................................................................................................

Fred

Black '51' Special ran dry after gushing Waterman's Black for the past few weeks.

I'm going to have to try a drier ink in that pen next time. Between the medium/broad nib and the Waterman's it was a little too much like Mt. Vesuvius. I think, perhaps, Pelikan 4001 next time....

Nakaya Kuro-Tamenuri Cigar. I've been using a cartridge of Platinum black in this pen, and have finally written it dry. I've popped the cartridge, and fitted one of Nakaya's maki-e converters, the gold fish and plant, and filled it with Noodlers Black-Red.

I've been on vacation for a week so I've written/sketched dry a lot of pens and more importantly, my first ever bottle of ink, Waterman Intense Black.

Pens finished:

1. Pelican M1000 M - Waterman Intense Black

2. Visconti Homo Sapiens EF- Waterman Intense Black

3. Sailor KOP Pro Gear Stub - Iroshizuku Kon Peki

4. TWSBI 580 Demo EF - Edelstein Onyx

5. TWSBI Eco EF - Diamine Syrah

6. Waterman 52v Red Ripple Flex - Iroshizuku Kon Peki

7. Waterman 52 BCHR Flex - Iroshizuku Tsuki Yo

That was a lot of cleaning to do but now I have new pens in the rotation.

Sheaffer Taranis Black Fine point using included blue cartridge.

Staedtler Initium Brown Fine point using Pilot blue is just about empty, will be so be end of day.