Week #4 / 22 Jan: Red Packets Please - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

J.Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite is one of my favorite red.

It comtain gold shimmer inside

this two colors are good symbol in Lunar New Year.

Bring fourtune and luck to everyone.

Today I begin my vacation and I can go home with my family~

恭喜發財 mean wish you will have good fourtune in the future

http://i.imgur.com/cOOOPqu.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• visvamitra

• amberleadavis

• inkstainedruth

Well, I did end up changing my mind. So my pick for Week #4 is Diamine Passion Red.

fpn_1485494651__ink_of_the_week_4.jpg

Pen is a Parker Vector with what was advertised as a B nib, and seems to actually be reground (possibly a DIY job by the seller) as a stub). Paper is from a nice pad given out as swag at last fall's Pelikan Hub here in Pittsburgh. I wish I knew who made it for them so I could see about getting more.... It's very nice for writing on (not as slick as something like Tomoe River, but still smooth and also a little heavier weight).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: The scan may have needed to be tweaked a bit -- the ink is, sadly, not quite as saturated as it appears (at least on my laptop screen): it's a bit more pinkish-orange in real life.

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Forgot to include another example of the ink in my previous post: this one is my attempt for this week in the QotW -2017 thread. Same pen and paper as the last post.

fpn_1485496334__qotw_4.jpg

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Not really a red but the name says Leonardo Red Chalk so who am I to argue :rolleyes:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_leonardo_red_chalk_week_4.jpg

(Some nasty random paper)

Edited by Tas

Not really a red but the name says Leonardo Red Chalk so who am I to argue :rolleyes:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_leonardo_red_chalk_week_4.jpg

(Some nasty random paper)

One of my favorite inks. I managed to get a couple of bottles.

Like a few others here I chose Rouge Hematite. Eventually, my photos will improve... ;) And one day they may all be the right way up! (baby Steps)

post-85009-0-36373700-1485664534_thumb.jpg

post-85009-0-22207100-1485664565_thumb.jpg

Rhodia Ice + Cross Century II, medium nib (skips a bit on Rhodia, too smooth, hence the ugly letters).

This is my favorite red & I intend to never run out of it.

This is my favorite red & I intend to never run out of it.

I have only one bottle... But I keep quite a few pens in my regular rotation, so I hope I won't use it up too quickly. I am happy that you like it :)

http://i.imgur.com/Eg6StnE.jpg

My scanner doesn't pick up reds correctly. They always come out less bright, and with a blue tinge, than in reality.

Not only do I not know a thing about the Lunar New Year in real life, it's been so long since I played World of Warcraft that I hardly know anything about the Lunar Festival in game anymore.