senzen

So I got a new nib and feed for an old Sonnet from Dutchpen, it wasn't exactly smooth and skipped, but I thought "hey it might be a used nib, can't expect much" but after writing more with it, it's become much smoother and has almost no skipping. Moral of the story: don't give up on a nib. The other nib I got from Forecast pens is the smoothest I've ever tried, apart from my Sailor Pro gear Standard with a 21k nib. These Sonnets can be very enjoyable!

fpn_1484936076__img_2559.jpg

The one on the right is using Yama Guri, which I think finally found a good home. That Fabriano Taccia paper is quite nice too.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• senzen

• pajaro

• torstar

• RocketRyan

Ink sometimes takes its time saturating the feed.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Steel or gold nibs? I have one of each.

These are steel nibs, from different generations. The originals were gold, I managed to completely destroy them a long time ago.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

There were clearly quality control issues with the Sonnet Cisele years ago, as several on here recall like it was yesterday.

Sent it back twice before using it as a dart on a concrete wall.

They should have refunded the $300 they ripped me off.

So no... just waiting doesn't fix a lemon....

As

There were clearly quality control issues with the Sonnet Cisele years ago, as several on here recall like it was yesterday.

As flimsy as the nibs are, I despair of having enough fun using the Sonnets as darts. I am wracking my brain, trying to figure out how to extract some enjoyment from this little money pit of horrors. Built a little rack, with tensioning wheels, take out brain, attach to hooks and rack it. Eureka, I have it! I will get some of the amateur rocketry rockets and put a Sonnet in each nosecone, to paraphrase FDR, a little putrifaction in every pot.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Yikes, sorry to hear that, when I bought the original, one came with a warped barrel, much to the embarrassment of the seller, who had to go look for another one.

But it wasn't waiting, it was working with it, I was in fact about to get another replacement nib, I'm really glad I didn't have to. The one with the crosshatch design is a dream to write with.

B. Russell

Ink sometimes takes its time saturating the feed.

Nah, this is about the nib, the other one starts away, and this one is almost perfect now. I guess I'll just have to use daily, luckily Yama Guri is looking great.

B. Russell

I stopped at twenty five Sonnets. They are a little variable, but If I am using one and if I leave it for half a day to a day unused, it dries up, and has to be refilled or moistened to get it going. I have tired of this and am using other pens. Some of these are pretty, though, and I haven't dumped them. Blue Ice, Terra Cotta, Firedance (in two shades), Moonbeam (in two shades).

I stopped at twenty five Sonnets. They are a little variable, but If I am using one and if I leave it for half a day to a day unused, it dries up, and has to be refilled or moistened to get it going. I have tired of this and am using other pens. Some of these are pretty, though, and I haven't dumped them. Blue Ice, Terra Cotta, Firedance (in two shades), Moonbeam (in two shades).

Only 25! The one with Verdigris starts right away, and I was about to write it doesn't seem to evaporate too much... But the converter is already 80% empty, and I'm pretty sure I inked it a few days ago! Can't have it all I suppose.

B. Russell