The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Kingdom Note "fungi Series" Trametes Versicolor

sailor kingdom note blue fungi

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2017 - 22:57

Quite a while back around August 2015 I worked on this review but apparently never finished it, nor posted it. So here it is! Even though I don't have an ink droplet image as the pen I just filled with this ink is an Edison Beaumont pneumatic filler, so kind of hard to do ink droplets.

The ink goes down a rich deep blue, then dries to a more muted blue. Some might dislike that effect and prefer the color when wet. There is lots of red sheen on Tomoe River paper.

Pen: Pelikan M400 (F), Edison Beaumont (M-steel)

Papers: MvL=Mohawk via Linen, TR=Tomoe River, Hij=Hammermill 28 lb inkjet, Rhodia=Rhodia 90g ivory.

Camera: iPhone 7

fpn_1484779866__img_4930.jpg

fpn_1484780023__img_4933.jpg

fpn_1484780060__img_4931.jpg

fpn_1484780092__img_4934.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2017 - 23:01

I think Sandy or Cyber6 has a recipe of mixing this one with the other blue one in the mushroom series.

#3 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:06

This was very nice blue/black.

#4 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 14:33

Wow, what a lovely blue-black -- looks serious but not imposing, very nice!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#5 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• 3,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2017 - 20:25

I think Sandy or Cyber6 has a recipe of mixing this one with the other blue one in the mushroom series.

I think that was me - I mixed it with the other blue mushroom one (entoloma viricens, or something like that) and it makes a GORGEOUS blue.

#6 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2017 - 22:23

I think that was me - I mixed it with the other blue mushroom one (entoloma viricens, or something like that) and it makes a GORGEOUS blue.

Oh right, it must have been you. Sometimes I mix up you and Sandy, maybe because you all begin with an S, LOL.

#7 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2017 - 22:43

Wow, what a nice color.  Of course I suppose this is one of those unobtanium inks.... :( 

Thanks for the review, anyway.  If I had known in advance, a friend of mine got invited to Japan for some TV show awhile back (he does all sorts of medieval Japanese stuff like woodworking and braiding and he got invited to be on the show and meet some masters in their respective fields.  And if I had known when he was going I could have said "So, if you have a bit of down time and are any of the following places... can you ask your interpreter to take you to the following shops and pick up some inks for me....  I'll pay you back...."

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#8 white_lotus

white_lotus

• 2,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2017 - 00:29

Well, I got this last year, so I can't say how available it's been since then. It hasn't been as available as some of the others of the "Fungi" series. But when these inks do appear "in stock" at Kingdom Note they're gone within a few days.

Oh, btw, I met someone in our village last year that actually has a P-51, the airplane. It's kept at the little aircraft museum in North Carolina.

#9 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,574 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2017 - 23:44

White_Lotus, cool about the airplane.

This ink is one that I didn't think I'd enjoy, but my teenager is a total fan and I like it too.  So, now she swipes my pen... I'm going back to colors she doesn't like. Ha ha.

Thank you, White_Lotus for all that you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#10 white_lotus

white_lotus

• 2,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2017 - 00:40

You're welcome. It's my humble contribution to our inky insanity. But I've really fallen into a Sailor rabbit hole.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, kingdom note, blue, fungi

Sponsored Content

|