2017 Writer's Edition: Antoine De Saint-Exupery

schroedinger

I've been told that that pen will have a cap that looks like a hat. And when you take the cap off the pen will look like an elephant!

Too fancy I say. I truly believe the pen will look like a baobab.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• Cyrille81

• Tom Kellie

• horationelson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have heard of him, but for the same reason as jagwap, the IWC connection.

I've never read anything by him - French literature wasn't exactly top of the list in England. From a rusty memory, for Eng Lit it was: Price & Prejudice; The Doctors Dilemma and Animal Farm.

I only read Animal Farm & failed spectacularly.

I have heard of him, but for the same reason as jagwap, the IWC connection.

I've never read anything by him - French literature wasn't exactly top of the list in England. From a rusty memory, for Eng Lit it was: Price & Prejudice; The Doctors Dilemma and Animal Farm.

I only read Animal Farm & failed spectacularly.

Similar for me, although I scraped a pass.

So as a small survey of two, we just prove that not only are the British bad at foreign languages, we don't excel at our own!

At least my handwriting is improving since I got my Heritage.

At least my handwriting is improving since I got my Heritage.

~ jagwap:

That's terrific!

Regularly using fountain pens does improve handwriting.

It's the old truth that ‘practice makes perfect’.

I'm glad that you're enjoying your Heritage pen.

Tom K.

I know of the the Little Prince but I never read it (and don't know what it's about) and except for this thread would never had known anything about the author (including his name). Count me amongst the plebeians.

Saint Exupery crash landed in my father's hometown in Argentina and lived for a while with his French teacher. The escapade is covered in a chapter of one of his books.

For those who have never read it, the Little Prince is one of the wisest, saddest and most beautiful meditations on human existence ever written.

A pen I may have to pick up...

Too many pens; too little writing.

This edition I am genuinely interested. And very very curious :)

Just in case I'll save the money if it turns out that the pen is indeed beautiful ;)

When it should be the first official sneak peak with picture?

Edited by Nikaa

Saint Exupery crash landed in my father's hometown in Argentina and lived for a while with his French teacher. The escapade is covered in a chapter of one of his books.

For those who have never read it, the Little Prince is one of the wisest, saddest and most beautiful meditations on human existence ever written.

I agree.

I've been told that that pen will have a cap that looks like a hat. And when you take the cap off the pen will look like an elephant!

Hilarious, Carlos! I feel like this should be a koan or metaphor fitting of the surrealists for something more than limited edition pens.

At least the Writers' editions have led some members to learn more about the author. People tend to either love/hate the book, just like the pens...I hope a rose or a moon is incorporated tastefully in the design.

~ What sort of design motif for Saint-Exupéry?

Aviation?

Aircraft wings? Propeller?

A prince's coronet?

Tom K.

They don't dare out of fear that Rolex will sue them.

I'm curious, because one of my favorite quotations from The Little Prince is: "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”

I read his Airman's Odyssey, gosh, more than twenty years ago, thirty years ago.

How will Montblanc honor Saint-Exupéry -- can hardly wait!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Isn't this thread a little early for April Fool's Day? Seriously, who's the focus of the 2017 WE pen??

Isn't this thread a little early for April Fool's Day? Seriously, who's the focus of the 2017 WE pen??

~ Little Princesses?

Tom K.

I agree with that .. Even if in France The Little Prince is considered as a children's book.

Another well-know quotation is "Draw me a sheep, do you ?" :huh:

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.