2017 Writer's Edition: Antoine De Saint-Exupery

schroedinger

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to purchase the regular edition of this fountain pen without completely breaking the bank? I'm going to have to sell off several pens to be able to afford it, but "Le Petit Prince" is my favorite book of all time and therefore this is one pen I absolutely must have. I'm worried that if I don't buy it new, I might not ever stumble upon a pre-owned pen. What do you think the odds are of finding an affordable used copy in the future?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• Cyrille81

• Tom Kellie

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to purchase the regular edition of this fountain pen without completely breaking the bank? I'm going to have to sell off several pens to be able to afford it, but "Le Petit Prince" is my favorite book of all time and therefore this is one pen I absolutely must have. I'm worried that if I don't buy it new, I might not ever stumble upon a pre-owned pen. What do you think the odds are of finding an affordable used copy in the future?

Writers editions always turn up, especially on places like eBay, in used condition (priced anywhere between 50-100% of the original RRP) and sometimes in new/old stock condition, depending on how old they are.

But funnily enough it can take a couple of years for people to sell off their pens, so at first the stock of used pens isn't so great.

If you really like the pen, I'd buy it now from a boutique. That way you have peace of mind if the pen goes wrong, for whatever reason, and you can also get a nib exchange if that's of interest.

Although the box says "Brown," other languages on the box describe it as Marron, and it looks more maroon or purple in color than brown.

Encre du Desert dries fairly quickly to a nice shade of maroon. Montblanc hit the desert sunset right on the head with this one.

Will definitely buy more of this desert sunset ink.

in French "Marron" is "brown", It's the name and colour of the fruit of the Aesculus hippocastanum tree (horse chestnut or conker tree).

"Maroon" is "Bordeaux" in French (yes, we use the name of a town, and wines, to describe a colour :D )

There is another thread dedicated to the ink, I posted there a comparison of this ink with others such as Red Burgundy or Shakespear red velvet ... Quite strange : near a red, it looks brown, and near a brown, it looks purple, dark red, maroon ...

I come to find the colour "dark saffron" to describe it.

I really enjoy it.

Edit : the link of the dedicated thread in "inky thoughts" : https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/324749-montblanc-saint-exupery-le-ink/

Edited by MrsHobie

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

Thanks Axis for the pictures :)

The ink in my eyes was a more Merlot color, what I would get if I mix Lavender Purple with Toffee Brown as Axis said.

Thanks Axis for the pictures :)

The ink in my eyes was a more Merlot color, what I would get if I mix Lavender Purple with Toffee Brown as Axis said.

Hi Pravda, and they're pics of the first one ;-)

You shouldn't hesitate to get one.

Best

Edited by Axis

Try appelboom,

Unfortunately Appelboom isn't the winner this time. PenBoutique beat their price by almost $75 + a free bottle of the writers edition ink with free shipping when I called to see what they were selling it for.

Unfortunately Appelboom isn't the winner this time. PenBoutique beat their price by almost $75 + a free bottle of the writers edition ink with free shipping when I called to see what they were selling it for.

Haven't seen your email....

Visit our webstore www.appelboompennen.nl

We ship worldwide!

You are always welcome to sent us an email.

Visit our webstore www.appelboompennen.nl

We ship worldwide!

Just bought the WE from Fountain Pen Hospital $835 tax included with a free jar of the ink for this pen (made some big purchases this year so I was able to negotiate a good deal)...

The salesperson said this is the most popular pen of the last 2 weeks and every other call is regards to these pens... she almost talked me into buying the set... but me self control kicked in.

This pen reminds me of my dad, who was a US Airforce pilot during the early 60's... and the cold war days. The blue of this pen reminds me of the days we spent hours building model Airplanes... and him trying to mix the paints to get this perfect cue of blue... and his special technique of making plastic look metallic.

Finally my reseller received the limited edition pen this week (sooner than foreseen :thumbup: ) so just bought it.

These are the first photos I took of it:

36001618176_b0c4d27a96_b.jpg

36001619796_6e0743c580_b.jpg

36001620696_48d39cf887_b.jpg

35203646824_ca0e1e56fc_b.jpg

35203648674_7dc01ff780_b.jpg

35233093963_89c3271763_b.jpg

35233095513_d6e5dd1473_b.jpg

35233097353_22e3889a5f_b.jpg

35233100043_78ab4abc29_b.jpg

35233101503_75037c754b_b.jpg

35233104383_206eb61b07_b.jpg

35233105993_49a15ea43a_b.jpg

35909205701_fcd4d4cf20_b.jpg

35909208431_bd9aca4c90_b.jpg

35909210361_feaf6c9a78_b.jpg

35909212201_65422f7ac8_b.jpg

35909215131_07a6f74437_b.jpg

35909218181_f80af160c6_b.jpg

35909219931_0deb29734e_b.jpg

Not yet tested to write with it and inked it with the Monblanc "Encre du désert" but some photo will come soon.

Excellent photos, the most attractive of this pen I've seen yet. Thanks!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Just bought the WE from Fountain Pen Hospital $835 tax included with a free jar of the ink for this pen (made some big purchases this year so I was able to negotiate a good deal)...

The salesperson said this is the most popular pen of the last 2 weeks and every other call is regards to these pens... she almost talked me into buying the set... but me self control kicked in.

I didnt like it until i saw it in person... its quite a nice pen.

As for the purchase: congratulations! show us the pics when you get it.

The price is good, and in these cases i value the purchase experience along with the price. I have bought from Appelboom and i had an amazing experience. I dont see myself buying from anyone else in the near future.

Wowow! Thank you, Cyrille! Both versions are stunning. Great purchase and thank you for the clear and closely focused images :)

Just received my WE, 1328/9800 and it was wonderfully packaged and the box, not as fancy as the one above, still pretty awesome for the price.

Now, what ink to put into it... I already have the encre maron in another pen, and don't think this maron will be a favorite color... I need something more appropriate for this pen... perhaps a sky blue to fit it's aviation theme.

One thing that is not posted, or I didn't read is that the cap doesn't post... which is always kind of a bummer for me.

Edited by Andrew-AMID