Looking For A Single Pen Holder (Preferably With A Magnetic Clasp)

smileypen

Hey guys!

Quite new to the fountain pen world, and my fiance just bought me a Visconti Homo Sapiens Midi as a present before our wedding.

This is an incredible pen and I really do want to take it about and use it, I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a single pen holder, one I can keep in my pocket preferably with a magnetic clasp?

I'm from Australia so please take that into consideration if you can.

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smileypen

• bogiesan

• Sasha Royale

• Sinuhe

Hmm, you're asking about a product I'm not familiar with. What exactly is this thing supposed to do for you? Is it a case? Leather?

Congrats on the marriage, the pen, and welcome to the family. What ink are you using? Trick question. If you're new to pens, you're in for a terrible surprise; there are only a few thousand inks from which to choose and that lovely pen deserves the best.

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

Hmm, you're asking about a product I'm not familiar with. What exactly is this thing supposed to do for you? Is it a case? Leather?

Congrats on the marriage, the pen, and welcome to the family. What ink are you using? Trick question. If you're new to pens, you're in for a terrible surprise; there are only a few thousand inks from which to choose and that lovely pen deserves the best.

I was just looking for a small case to carry the pen in my pocket. The idea was to have an easy magnetic flip to open quickly and pull out the pen to use.

I've got myself two bottles of Noodler's Heart of Darkness coming, that should last me at least 2 years with 9 oz of it.

Being in Australia, it is quite difficult to source a lot of inks without exorbitant shipping fees. I really wanted to get my hands on an ink such as Aurora Black, but with shipping more than half the price of the ink, it is very hard to justify.

Edited by smileypen

• 3 weeks later...

The simplest remedy is a breast pocket on one's shirt. Several golf shirts of mine have no pocket.

I use a hand-made felt sleeve, with an end flap. The end flap has a button hole. I carry my fountain pen in the button-closure area of my shirt, over the sternum.

Third alternative is a Jinhao x450 carried in the back trouser pocket.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Which pocket? I definitely do not recommend a pants pocket as I have a broken pen due to trying that. A breast pocket in a shirt likely will work, but some modern shirts have gotten quite shallow, so you may need to carefully chose your shirts by their Brest pocket depth. The alternative is to really look hard and get one with a deep, but wide enough pen pocket, rather uncommon, but not impossible to find. Or, do as,I frequently do and get both a nice leather pen case with a flap closure and a field bag to care it and a notebook or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Which pocket? I definitely do not recommend a pants pocket as I have a broken pen due to trying that. A breast pocket in a shirt likely will work, but some modern shirts have gotten quite shallow, so you may need to carefully chose your shirts by their Brest pocket depth. The alternative is to really look hard and get one with a deep, but wide enough pen pocket, rather uncommon, but not impossible to find. Or, do as,I frequently do and get both a nice leather pen case with a flap closure and a field bag to care it and a notebook or two.

May I ask how you broke the pen? I'm going to be carrying around either my Visconti or a Lamy 2000 Stainless Steel, and I feel that either pen is nigh on indestructable.

I had thought of replying earlier as a case maker but as I don't make any with your desired magnetic closure I did not. I do haw ever have experience of making cases to prevent pens snapping in front trouser pockets.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/307255-any-suggestions-for-a-sleeve-for-front-pocket-carry/?p=3610016

Here is a link to a recent thread covering the issue. The weak point on mos pens is the threaded area where the section meets the barrel. I have no personal experience of either of your pens but I am not sure that any fountain pen could be described as nigh on indestructible this comment is meant in a friendly manner (I can't find an emoticon that conveys that)

Michael

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63