Pelikan Leather Pen Case For 2 Pens

invisuu

Hello,

I have googled far and wide and found no similar thread or an answer to my questions. I'm looking into buying a pelikan leather pen case, such as can be seen on this link: http://www.pelikanpens.co.uk/acatalog/Pelikan-Nappa-Smooth-Leather-Case.html (no affiliation to the seller, he doesn't have them in stock at the time of writing anyway).

How are these pen cases? Does anyone have them? Do they accommodate nicely 2 M400 pens? Does the zipper damage the pens when pulling them out? Do pens bang against each other in this pen case, or are they secure? Does anyone have dimensions of these pen cases - I found several different dimensions listed with various vendors and official Pelikan site does not state the dimensions at all.

I have found NOWHERE a statement which pen size exactly is pictured on the promo pictures.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I used to have a Pelikan two-pen leather case. Excellent quality leather & great workmanship.

The case did have one awkward feature. There is a leather baffle (flap) that runs right down the middle of the case to separate the two pens inside.

The problem is that this flap is sewn to the back along only one edge. This means that unless you carefully locate this flap & bend it to keep your pens apart, the flap may remain stored flat inside, against the back of the case. If this happens, then you can rub or even bonk the two pens together.

Because I did not need to carry two pens in one case, I decided to sell it.

Now I own eight single pen cases that hold all my Sailor Standards (about the size of a 400 series Pelikan) , one vintage MB & a couple of Kaweco Dia2s.

These Pelikan cases provide great protection for your pens. (All the cases were bought at Classic Fountain Pens, no affiliation.) A double case could work well for you, but pay attention to the divider flap when you slide your pens into a Pelikan double-pen leather pen case.

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisuu

• jmccarty3

• sargetalon

• tinta

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you everyone and thanks a lot Joshua, information bomb as always. What is surprising to me is that the 3 pen case with flap seems to be shorter and less wide than the 2 pens case with zipper, but just a little bit thicker. If the still-in-the-mail M800 Renaissance Brown impresses, I will get the 3 pens case for sure.

• 1 year later...

I have used one of the three-pen flap cases for years. It easily accommodates three M800 size pens without any problem. What I usually do is carry two fountain pens in the outer slots and an M800 size ballpoint in the center slot, for those times when someone wants to borrow a pen.

I still enjoy my zippered engrained two-pen case as well. Wish we could get some of those cases for the Asian market that Josh posted.

Interesting, I initially purchased a single flap case for an M800 which fits with ease, I suspect an M1000 will fit also.

After my second M800 landed I ordered the two pen flap case with visions of neatly accommodating my two M800s based on my experience of the single pen case.

That illusion was quickly dispelled, the two pen case should more accurately be described as a 1 1/2 pen case. I am unable to fit two m800s into this case, at best and at a squeeze an M800 and a narrow Mont Blanc 164 will fit. Not ideal and I'm amazed the case doesn't carry some specification regarding the pen size it is designed to hold, I suspect two M400 may fit but tight.

Just to confirm, will the three pen Pelikan flap case fit three M800s? Need to be sure before I order.

Thanks.