Pelikan Leather Pen Case For 2 Pens

invisuu

Hello,

I have googled far and wide and found no similar thread or an answer to my questions. I'm looking into buying a pelikan leather pen case, such as can be seen on this link: http://www.pelikanpens.co.uk/acatalog/Pelikan-Nappa-Smooth-Leather-Case.html (no affiliation to the seller, he doesn't have them in stock at the time of writing anyway).

How are these pen cases? Does anyone have them? Do they accommodate nicely 2 M400 pens? Does the zipper damage the pens when pulling them out? Do pens bang against each other in this pen case, or are they secure? Does anyone have dimensions of these pen cases - I found several different dimensions listed with various vendors and official Pelikan site does not state the dimensions at all.

I have found NOWHERE a statement which pen size exactly is pictured on the promo pictures.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisuu

• jmccarty3

• sargetalon

• tinta

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Invisuu, I much prefer the more common tongue-flap sort of pen-case, where the flap slides behind a fixed band -- I have the Pelikan three-pen ones and like them a lot. The pens are kept separate from one another by internal leather dividers and the whole thing is well-made (which is more than I can say for the only MB pen-case I ever owned: the stitching came apart in that one!)

I know this is not the answer that you wanted or were expecting; but it may prove useful...?

Don't forget stiff cigar leather cases. That was my first pen case. You want at least a medium cigar width.

Then they, regular pen cases, tend to fall out of the air....somehow.

Not so much the zippered ones, but the flap ones.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I have experience with the case that you're interested in. They are very nice and hold 2 pens as depicted. Underneath that leather flap in the center are two elastic bands which separate the pens. They can still bang into each other but they are held pretty securely and that has never been a problem. The case will hold up to an M1000 which just clears. Two M400s fit no problem. Zippers don't bang into anything but you do need a little care when removing the pens but this is no big deal. The case is roughly 6.25" x 2.5" x .75". A bit pricey but well made. Hope that helps you with your decision.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Like Christopher Godfrey, I prefer the Pelikan leather tongue under strap closure cases.

There are no (sharp?) metal parts on these cases, unlike the zippered case shown. I've had a Pelikan three pen & a two pen case of the tongue under strap type.

If you do get these excellent Pelikan cases, please insure that you move the leather divider(s) inside the case into position before inserting multiple pens. Otherwise you can have your pens rub together.

Since I only carry one fountain pen at a time, I find the Pelikan (& Staedtler) single pen cases the most practical.

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Invisuu, I much prefer the more common tongue-flap sort of pen-case, where the flap slides behind a fixed band -- I have the Pelikan three-pen ones and like them a lot. The pens are kept separate from one another by internal leather dividers and the whole thing is well-made (which is more than I can say for the only MB pen-case I ever owned: the stitching came apart in that one!)

I know this is not the answer that you wanted or were expecting; but it may prove useful...?

Thanks, I know about that pen case and while it does seem more useful (especially for pulling the pens out), I dislike it aesthetically (this is completely subjective), but on a more objective note I don't want to drop pens inside. Maybe it's just a feeling but I think the drops might damage the bottom. I love the design on the second one.

I have experience with the case that you're interested in. They are very nice and hold 2 pens as depicted. Underneath that leather flap in the center are two elastic bands which separate the pens. They can still bang into each other but they are held pretty securely and that has never been a problem. The case will hold up to an M1000 which just clears. Two M400s fit no problem. Zippers don't bang into anything but you do need a little care when removing the pens but this is no big deal. The case is roughly 6.25" x 2.5" x .75". A bit pricey but well made. Hope that helps you with your decision.

Thanks so much, sarge. Your post is, once again, extremely helpful. I currently have the Pilot Pensemble pen case, which is just like this Pelikans', but it holds three pens. I find it just a touch too big to carry around in an inside coat jacket, so I'm looking for something a bit smaller. It seems like this case would just do the trick.

For anyone with a similar question in future; Pelikan case is 15,875 * 6,35 * 1,9 cm. Pilot pensemble pen case is 17,0 * 8,0 * 2,5 cm. This makes it a good 20% smaller in nearly all dimensions, except length. Sounds just about perfect to fit into a back jeans pocket or something.

Edited by invisuu

I use one of these for a couple of M400s and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm sure that M600s would be fine as well but anything larger could well be described as 'full' if you see what I mean.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I have one of those, M800 is the largest you can fit in without the pen touching the zipper, and the zippers are without any sharp edges

I have one of those, M800 is the largest you can fit in without the pen touching the zipper, and the zippers are without any sharp edges

My M1000 fits without touching the zipper, but only just barely and without much clearance. I wouldn't use this case regularly for the M1000 because there is not much clearance but it fits in a pinch.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

^^ Never mind, they have the engrained leather zippered case, and I prefer that one anyway. Already ordered.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I bought mine in Berlin at KaDeWe department store 2 years ago - I think it was about 60 Euros.

The smooth leather is very soft and embossed with the Pelikan logo. The zipper tab is also engraved with the logo on both sides.

As you can see, it can hold both M600 and M800 🙂 I don't think M1000 would fit comfortably, however, but M400 would definitely fit easily.

post-607-0-46082400-1485124872_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pingu

To get back to this topic...I got the case! The packaging was underwhelming (who cares), but I'm happy with the results.

http://i.imgur.com/B76tX8r.jpg

I received mine as well. Very nice. I like these old-fashioned zippered cases.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I don't want to open a new thread, so I'll necro this one. I've been using the pen case I pictured above for over a year now and it is absolutely fantastic. However, I would like to increase my Pelikan EDC to 3 pens now. 3x M80x; 1x oblique medium, 1x medium, 1x italic broad. So I'm looking at Pelikan pen cases again.

Does the 3 pens case from Pelikan with black flap comfortably accommodate 3 M800s? Anyone has any complaints about it after spending some time with it? For example the flap opening too easily and pens flying out? Or maybe gunk piling up at the bottom and being unable to clean it out? Perhaps the inner lining scratching the finish on the pens? I'm thinking about this one:

nUDQewk.jpg

Also, does anyone know of this pen case? Is this legit or a fake? I can't find any info anywhere about it except on Rakuten. The logo looks legit to me. Very interesting design! I wouldn't really use it, as the pen clips would have to be under permanent tension and I dislike this type of design because of that, but it looks nice.

RrQ3fKd.jpg

5z8afBr.jpg

Evin83q.jpg

Edited by invisuu

The three pen case does in fact accommodate three M800s comfortably. I believe it is officially the TG-32. Ive never had any issue with it and would confidently carry 3 M800s in it. The other you list is the FC-1. As far as Im aware, its only available in the Asian market but it is completely legit. Pelikan has a lot of neat cases for the Asin market but they are pricey. Ill try to post a pic detailing them.

fpn_1520551073__untitled2.jpeg

I have used one of the three-pen flap cases for years. It easily accommodates three M800 size pens without any problem. What I usually do is carry two fountain pens in the outer slots and an M800 size ballpoint in the center slot, for those times when someone wants to borrow a pen.

I still enjoy my zippered engrained two-pen case as well. Wish we could get some of those cases for the Asian market that Josh posted.