2017 South West Pen Show Bristol, Uk Dealer List Available

ianpw

Just over two weeks to go and the 2017 pen show season starts here in the UK. The South West Pen Show kicks the whole thing off on Sunday 5th. February 2017. Usual venue (name changed to Doubletree by Hilton) Bristol BS32 4JF. The show is absolutely bursting at the seems with dealers this year. As usual if you pm me I can email you a table plan showing you where the dealers are situated. As usual a few of us will be getting together for a few drinks and a bite to eat at the Aztec on Saturday night let me know if you plan on joining us.

Looking forward to seeing you at the show.

Ian

UK Pen Shows

Cathedral Pens

Writing Equipment Society

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• david6

• da vinci

• Lee Wright

• Kolyd

What's everyone hoping to find at the show?

I'm planning on picking up a pelikan m800 with a double broad nib from Niche pens.

Also maybe look at getting my first Conway Stewart, been looking at too many pictures of the cracked ice models! Who's table should I look at... I think David Wells normally has a good offering of Conway Stewart pens right?

• 2 weeks later...

Will there be any nib adjustment service at the show? I'm really keen on getting the nib adjustment on my Namiki

Yes, John Sorowka will be there. He's going to do a nib adjustment for me at the show on a Sunday.

This is my first pen show so I am super excited. I am hoping to have some work done on a nib, a medium to a fine?? Hoping it's possible.

This is my first pen show so I am super excited. I am hoping to have some work done on a nib, a medium to a fine?? Hoping it's possible.

It will be as John Sorowka will be there... :)

Was definitely a great show! My second actually.

My sister got her first vintage, unsure what pen though :huh: I also got her converted to actual decent paper, she bought a Rhodia book there and is loving high-quality paper!

While I bought a vintage Pelikan (it was an early birthday present) but it got snatched by parents for 'safe-keeping' until the actual day :(

Managed to get a little pen case too though! :D

http://i66.tinypic.com/2e351dv.jpg

Also got my Burnham 49 looked at by John, but unfortunately it's a weird nib (stamped, not tipped) so it couldn't be modified :unsure:

Had a look around and there was some beautiful pens. I almost bought a Parker 51 (I think from 3 different sellers? :blush: ) but managed to retain myself. Also I saw some of the LE Pelikans as well as some Nakayas :puddle:

Edit: Formatting

Edited by Kolyd

Was definitely a great show! My second actually.

My sister got her first vintage, unsure what pen though :huh: I also got her converted to actual decent paper, she bought a Rhodia book there and is loving high-quality paper!

While I bought a vintage Pelikan (it was an early birthday present) but it got snatched by parents for 'safe-keeping' until the actual day :(

Managed to get a little pen case too though! :D

http://i66.tinypic.com/2e351dv.jpg

Also got my Burnham 49 looked at by John, but unfortunately it's a weird nib (stamped, not tipped) so it couldn't be modified :unsure:

Had a look around and there was some beautiful pens. I almost bought a Parker 51 (I think from 3 different sellers? :blush: ) but managed to retain myself. Also I saw some of the LE Pelikans as well as some Nakayas :puddle:

Edit: Formatting

Glad you enjoyed it :thumbup:

Did you see the Danitrios on John Twiss' table too? Stunning.

A great place to learn if you are looking to buy a P51 too. So many dealers, model and colour variations, as well as nib and actual condition of the pen. Good to just look and talk to people to make sure you are clear on what you can get for your money - and as is typical there were a lot of P51s at this show!

Edited by da vinci

Had a delightful day at the South West Pen Show yesterday. Purchased a lovely Aston leather 2 pen case from Vince of Turner Workshops and a Konrad ball pen (sorry but a ball pen is needed at times) from Bryan Lucas of Worcester Pens.

There were so many lovely pens to admire and dream of. Always a pleasure to chat with Sarj while looking at his beautiful display of pens.

Good to see James Boddy and his Onoto Pens display. James had some very tempting new colours on show, and of course there are always some very high quality (sadly out of my price range) pens to look at. LOVED the Shakespeare pen I was shown.

Finally managed towards the end of the day to see John Sorowka and get a nib adjusted. John seemed to have a long queue of people waiting to see him all through the day. It was worth the wait!

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable show thanks to Ian and Jeremy.