The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mont Blanc Help

mont blanc pen rollerball

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rafiki76

Rafiki76

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:36

Hi, I'm a long time lurker but I only recently made an account here.  I love Mont Blancs and have five of them, but sadly no fountain yet.  I recently was using a Starwalker Rollerball I bought at a Mont Blanc Boutique in San Francisco two years ago when I noticed the cap has a wobble to it when it is capped or when it is screwed onto the back.  I took it in once to the store in Beverly Hills, and they "tightened it" but I did not notice an improvement.  I understand this pen isn't Mont Blanc's finest offering but the poor quality surprised me.  I compared it another rollerball Star Walker I have that is much older and it has absolutely no wobble at all.  What should I do to have this issue corrected? Should I go back to the boutique and ask them to reexamine it, or should I have it sent off to be repaired.  I did repair an older Bordeoux Ball point that had a crack and a bent clip and for $100 they fixed it very well but I don't want to pay to have an issue I believe is a defect repaired.  If any other pictures or information is helpful please let me know. 

Thank you, 

Raffi 

Attached Images

• IMG_1443.JPG

U.C. Berkeley Economics | Public Policy 

Sponsored Content

#2 SpecTP

SpecTP

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2017 - 15:49

it should not wobble. my Starwalker Cool Blue is tight fitting when capped or posted.

#3 torstar

torstar

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 16:17

Should not wobble, unless you did something to it, I've done lots of things to my pens that cause wobble.

#4 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,734 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2017 - 21:52

Weird. Could be a lapse in quality control. I would raise this very gently with MB service.
I'd definitely have them fix it.

Edited by meiers, 13 January 2017 - 21:54.

#5 Rafiki76

Rafiki76

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:49

Thank you for the advice.  I don't think I have done anything to it to make it wobble.  It lives in the box and when I use it to write I'm extremely careful.  This pen commemorated something sincere to me so I don't use it much.  Should I take it to the store, or call?  And thank you again for the help. 

U.C. Berkeley Economics | Public Policy 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, pen, rollerball

Sponsored Content

|