Jump to content

The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team


Does This Pen Have A Name?

identification what is

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KingRoach


    Extremely Rare

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2017 - 23:35

Is this pen recognised by anyone? Other than the TT emblem, I cannot find anything online. Looking up TT on google brings up the new kickstarter project that has these initials, and this is not made by them.


This pen has a rather broad nib. The metal of the tip of the nib is made of the same nib, not like iridium points which is welded. The shape of this point from the side is like a big arc. I thought this pen has a lot of flow, very wet, and perhaps qualifies as broad.


The converter is proprietary, it screwes onto the back and seems to hold a large amount of ink, if only you could fill the whole of it with one pull. If you dip the pen in the bottle and pull that thing, you'll hardly get a quarter of the converter filled.


Right now I'm using it for..... wait for it... drum roll........ printer ink mixes!  :yikes:


If anybody has a name to put on it, something which you didn't make up unless it's very cool, and an opinion of it, then I would like to hear from you.

Attached Images

  • 20170112-IMG_6160.jpg
  • 20170112-IMG_6159.jpg
  • 20170112-IMG_6158.jpg
  • 20170112-IMG_6157.jpg
  • 20170112-IMG_6156.jpg
  • 20170112-IMG_6155.jpg
  • 20170112-IMG_6161.jpg
  • 20170112-IMG_6162.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Tweel



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Location:Indiana U.S.A., north of Orson

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:12

It looks like an Italian school pen with a syringe filler (permanent, rather than a cartridge converter) from the 1950s or '60s.  I don't know what the "TT" logo stands for; I believe there were a number of brands though, and Google might eventually lead you to the answer (unless someone like Giovanni Abrate pops in and provides it).

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

#3 KingRoach


    Extremely Rare

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:24

I have tried google, but there is a new fountain pen kickstarter project with these initials and all i get on google is that result. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: identification, what is

Sponsored Content