The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

The Esterbrook Forum Estie Loaner Program 2017

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Mihailo

Mihailo

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:21

The ones that i would be most interested in would be the 

Black Transitional, 2442 Falcon nib

Green LJ 9048 extra flexible fine

Copper J 9048

or 

Blue SJ/Gray J  2312 Italic

I run on Caffeine, Sarcasm and inappropriate thoughts.

Sponsored Content

#22 dcpritch

dcpritch

Uff da

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 19:41

It doesn't look like the Estie Loaner Program garners much interest these days.  ...

The TWSBI forum loaner program isn't getting much action either.

Haha, maybe there would be more interest with a Montblanc loaner program, or any pens over $100.  With Esterbrooks hovering around the $30 price and shipping in one direction not less than 10% of the price to purchase, I can see why there isn't much interest. 

For me, at least, being involved with this loaner program has been a way to connect with other fountain pen enthusiasts, sharing the simplicity and beauty of Esterbrooks, and giving back to the pen world.  I agree, Pajaro, that things have been slow for quite a long time.  Bruce was really the driving force behind this, providing both energy and enthusiasm, and without his constant hovering there hasn't been much action. 

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

#23 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2017 - 19:15

Bruce and Farmboy got me interested in the Esterbrooks, but then I retired and kind of ran out of gas.  I might have given some of the pens away, but there are still a lot of them and I'll make another inventory of pens and nibs. 

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#24 LuFl

LuFl

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:13

Is it still possible to participate in this program? I'm interested in trying out flexible mind/comfortable pens in general, as well as possible contribute a pen or two from my small collection

#25 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:21

I'm curious about this program as well. I haven't tried Esterbrooks yet and would love to try one of the extra flexible or broad italics. Thanks in advance! If the program is still active, I'll send a PM according to the rules above. 

Sponsored Content

|