What Is The Rarest Parker 51 Vacumatic Color Single And Double Jewel?

KZ900

Seeing as we have the Aerometric color question currently running on the forum I figured the Vacumatic should be represented.

I assume that Mustard is the most difficult to find then the Nassau Green in double Jewel.

Single Jewel I am not sure. I know Vacumatic Single Jewels exist in Navy Grey.

Is there a single jewel Nassau?

Either way what are all the colors known and which are the most difficult to find and most sought after in single and double jewel?

And what is the Holy Grail of the Vacumatic line of Parker 51's?

What is the rarest Parker 51 Single Jewel Color?

What is the rarest Double Jewel Color?

Edited by KZ900

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• mitto

• Jerome Tarshis

• KZ900

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I would say speckled granite and robins egg blue.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Today I would say speckled granite and robins egg blue.

Vacumatic and Aero in the above answer.

I will attempt to answer more when I am not on a phone

Edited by FarmBoy

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I'm not sure the speckled granite is as rare as some people think it is.

Likely you are correct. Though I do not have an example myself, one recently changed hands just outside of my grasp. That would make at least 5 of them that I know of.

Likely you are correct. Though I do not have an example myself, one recently changed hands just outside of my grasp. That would make at least 5 of them that I know of.

Certainly Parker made far more Vac 51s in black or cordovan/burgundy than in speckled granite or robin's egg blue. The OP would have to look at quite a few 51s before those colors came up. I used to believe Parker never made any.
It's just that I was hoping others would chime in about colors rarer than those two.

I do have a couple Robins Egg Parker Parts. I am pretty sure the hood is a 51.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr1/RussJackson/robins%20egg%2051_zpsxhdfrwz1.jpg

I have a Parker 61 that's about that color. Missing the hood arrow. Does your cap have an inlaid arrow, or a place where one would go? If it doesn't, I'll bet it's almost definitely from either a 51 or a 21 (don't know all the 21 colors, or where the models go from being a 21 to a 21 Super, with the remote possibility of them being a Parker 41.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Photos of Rare color 51's

Parker 51 Demi 1948 Bright Red, NOT UK

Parker 51 DJ 1941 Speckled Granite, NOT Buckskin

Parker 1948 Demi Sky or Robins Egg Blue

All US made by Parker in the 1940's

post-33101-0-44941500-1484425657_thumb.jpg

Interesting. I was not familiar with any of these colors. The Robin's Egg Blue looks particularly nice.

Yinz are all such a bad influence.... :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Beautiful trio. Thanks for posting the picture.

Yet, I wonder which one is the Robins Egg blue? The one posted by KZ900 or the one you posted? Let FarmBoy be the judge. I am sure he would soon chime in.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Beautiful trio. Thanks for posting the picture.

Yet, I wonder which one is the Robins Egg blue? The one posted by KZ900 or the one you posted? Let FarmBoy be the judge. I am sure he would soon chime in.

I think the Syndicate has already spoken on this one.

Picture attached of a Parker 41 in Aqua or foam green, a very common color for Parker 41's and the Robins Egg or Sky Blue Parker 51 Demi set.... only known example.

Parker 41 Aqua is NOT a rare color...2 of the 3 shades of Parker 41 grey are probably rarer, although not more valuable.

Only the Parker 41 was made in this foam green color, the Super 21 was not made in this color.

post-33101-0-97081600-1484531599_thumb.jpg

Picture attached of a Parker 41 in Aqua or foam green, a very common color for Parker 41's and the Robins Egg or Sky Blue Parker 51 Demi set.... only known example.

Parker 41 Aqua is NOT a rare color...2 of the 3 shades of Parker 41 grey are probably rarer, although not more valuable.

Only the Parker 41 was made in this foam green color, the Super 21 was not made in this color.

I knew the Aqua or foam green color body parts posted by KZ900 were of P41 (my post #12). And you are right that it is not an original S21 color but the body parts of P41 and S21 are interchangable. And in fact the P41 body parts were used in S21 after the former's discontinuation. And, hence, you often find S21 in colors specific to P41.

Edited to add:

I have three S21 in P41 color body parts.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

I knew the Aqua or foam green color body parts posted by KZ900 were of P41 (my post #12). And you are right that it is not an original S21 color but the body parts of P41 and S21 are interchangable. And in fact the P41 body parts were used in S21 after the former's discontinuation. And, hence, you often find S21 in colors specific to P41.

Edited to add:

I have three S21 in P41 color body parts.

I think it is a coincidence that the 41 and 21 parts will interchange. Parker made a distinction between the two and they are different.