Albuquerque Giveaway

Davros

If you're in or can get to Albuquerque, I am cleaning out old notebooks (new or with a few pages used), ink, and some pens. I've been having trouble with the post office, so would prefer to pass on locally.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• olomana808

• Davros

• Fuzzy_Bear

• Ladyinheels58

about the trouble with the post I can also concur . they have once again lost a book on me ....

tell me how does one who is supposed to make a living at that do that ? LOL .

New to ABQ and new to FPs. Falling in love fast. Wish I could wite notes at work rather than type again....able to pick up locally.

New to ABQ and new to FPs. Falling in love fast. Wish I could wite notes at work rather than type again....able to pick up locally.

Great. I'll put together some things for you. PM me with what you've got and anything particular you like / want to try.

Awesome,

I don't think I have the PM feature yet.

I'll try read the rules and play around with my setting after work.

I have an old pelican rollerball and just bought a new journal (specific type?) from that store Pens and Things.

Learned they have a pen show this Saturday noon-4.

We'll see if I can sneak by

olomana

• 1 month later...

Just about a month since we've started writing with all those wonderful sample of inks and pens. The 2 older ones are hooked. ink stains on their fingers daily. Once I am done sampling the pens a bit more and have figured out what are my preferences, gonna try host my own PIF. Maybe have my kids do it with their buddies or with someone outta state to get a pen pal.

Olomana

• 4 weeks later...

There's a pen club in Albuquerque - the New Mexico Pen Collector's Club, where you could trade or sell anything pen, ink and paper related. Our next meeting is May 13th. PM me if you are interested in details. It's a fun group.

- Jim

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files