Jet Pens: Above And Beyond The Call Of Duty

Bookman

I don't buy a ton of fountain pen stuff, and so I don't buy a lot from anybody. But Jet Pens treats me like a high-roller every time. My order almost always ships the same day I placed it or early the next day. My over-$25 free first-class delivery is typically upgraded to Priority Mail.

But this time Jet Pens went above and beyond. The long version of the story can be found here in the "Which Inks Are You Waiting for in the Mail" thread The short version goes like this. I ordered some ink and a pair of converters last month, Jet Pens shipped it promptly, and USPS promptly lost the package, delivering it to someone else. Antonia at Jet Pens took the lead in the postal investigation following my filing of a missing-mail claim. USPS promised much during the investigation phase and delivered nothing, a rather odd approach to customer service in the wake of their losing my package of paid-for goods. The two times USPS did anything on my claim occurred immediately after Antonia from Jet Pens contacted the missing-mail people to inquire about its status. (USPS's first contact: Bookman, we're on the case. The second, 2 days later: We quit, case closed.)

Jet Pens is sending me a courtesy replacement order. Thank you, Antonia, and thank you Jet Pens!

Edited by Bookman

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bookman

• Ghost Plane

• Pensei

• mamajones

I have only just begun buying good journals, papers, and inks outside of Amazon and ebay, but I was so glad I found Jet Pens at the beginning.

Besides their wonderful products (and prices), their website has some great articles. Their guide to Noodler's inks is great: it really helped a newb like me sort out what was going on with all those inks.

Edited by mamajones

I am also a fan of Jet Pens; they have always shipped promptly, packed with care & the few requests I have made have always been accommodated. They are a class act that I am grateful to rely upon. I am constantly amazed @ the speed with which their packages arrive.

Have brought from them almost from their beginnings. Great store. Alway great customer service.

Great to hear!

I've had great service as well. I've purchased twice and the shipping prices to New Zealand have been great (Considering most online stores) and their shipping is so speedy! 10 days the first time, 8 days the second time!

Jetpens did not do anything right by any means...you ordered an item, have proof it was delivered to another address and the vendor needed to either make it right in terms of refund or resend.

It's that simple.

Assuming the dollar amount was under $100, did you expect the USPS to send armed thugs to the address and get them to admit they have the item? That does not happen.

Also, assuming only tracking was used, even the USPS knows tracking is not a confirmation of true receipt buy an address.

In addition, your item wasn't lost in the mail, it was " misdelivered."

Lastly, had Jetpens sent it Priority, the package had included $50 or $100 automatic coverage....Jetpens should never have made you jump through hoops.

Literally, they should have filed the online insurance claim with USPS showing order address, tracking result to incorrect address and the claim would have been approved and a check sent to Jetpens.

Any merchant who makes the buyer file paper with the USPS on something so basic as item sent to incorrect address is a shoddy business.

Edited by Chuck400b

Jetpens did not do anything right by any means...you ordered an item, have proof it was delivered to another address and the vendor needed to either make it right in terms of refund or resend.

It's that simple.

Assuming the dollar amount was under $100, did you expect the USPS to send armed thugs to the address and get them to admit they have the item? That does not happen.

Also, assuming only tracking was used, even the USPS knows tracking is not a confirmation of true receipt buy an address.

Lastly, had Jetpens sent it Priority, the package had included $50 or $100 automatic coverage....Jetpens should never have made you jump through hoops.

Literally, they should have filed the online insurance claim with USPS showing order address, tracking result to incorrect address and the claim would have been approved and a check sent to Jetpens.

Any merchant who makes the buyer file paper with the USPS on something so basic as item sent to incorrect address is a shoddy business.

Umm... If you read the longer version of the story (linked in the original post), you'll discover that the buyer contacted USPS *first*, and only contacted JetPens *after* filing a missing mail claim. JetPens didn't make the buyer jump through hoops, but assisted them in making further inquiries with USPS - then, when it became apparent that USPS were unwilling or unable to recover the package, they "made it right" by issuing a replacement order.

Always good to check your facts before you start slinging accusations and insults around...

It's that simple.

That seems an awfully harsh reaction to a story of good and personalized customer service. The story could have ended very differently.

I'm happy to know that folks are pleased with Jetpens. I've eyed things they've had on offer a few times but not purchased from them.

My 14 order interactions and 11 questions about "is this the right tool for my project" and their over 50 FREE videos have made Jetpens my without hesitation contact for my Jpen needs. If they have it I buy it from them because service at that level is paid for one Muji 0.24 pen at a time.

Browsing their site and the beautiful examples of writing styles is magical.

Adoring service of Jetpens does not demean the offerings of the other vendors of the genre, just reminds us of the beauty of the tools, paper, work and products.

Sometimes I think I can taste the colors of the ink through my eyes. That Emerald.....

It's that simple.

Umm... If you read the longer version of the story (linked in the original post), you'll discover that the buyer contacted USPS *first*, and only contacted JetPens *after* filing a missing mail claim. JetPens didn't make the buyer jump through hoops, but assisted them in making further inquiries with USPS - then, when it became apparent that USPS were unwilling or unable to recover the package, they "made it right" by issuing a replacement order.

Always good to check your facts before you start slinging accusations and insults around...

I firmly believe that had it not been for the prodding of Antonia from Jet Pens—contacting USPS and twice veritably waking out of a sound sleep whoever was assigned my case—I might still be awaiting that initial phone call from the USPS agent assigned to my claim, the call that an earlier USPS functionary said would come within 48 hours, the one that came six days later and exactly 10 minutes after Antonia had emailed me about the contact she'd just had with USPS. Thanks to her reaching her foot over twice to step on the USPS gas pedal, I now have my replacement order in hand, all items present and accounted for.

Edited by Bookman

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.