The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Photos: Fun With A Custom-Turned Pen, A Cell Phone, And An Improvised Light Table

photos wood turning light table cell phone blog

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JordanN

JordanN

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:40

I was talking to my wife's cousin today about a pen that he made for me last year and decided to take some photos of it, and then some more photos, and then I came back for more. Eventually, I got a couple that I liked, and sent them to him (in way too many emails), posted a few to Twitter, and posted the better photos to my blog.

Cell phones can be a bit limiting. Even when I thought I had the nib in focus, I'd often see a blurred mess on the screen afterwards.

I could have taken the DSLR out of the case, but sometimes improvising is fun, so I decided to use my LG V10.

custom-fountain-pen-1-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-2-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-3-150x84.jpg
custom-fountain-pen-4-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-5-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-6-150x84.jpg
custom-fountain-pen-7-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-8-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-9-150x84.jpg
custom-fountain-pen-10-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-11-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-12-150x84.jpg
custom-fountain-pen-13-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-14-150x84.jpg custom-fountain-pen-15-150x84.jpg
custom-fountain-pen-16-150x84.jpg

Photo of My Writing Desk (5.7 MB)

Edited by JordanN, 07 January 2017 - 04:28.

Sponsored Content

#2 linearM

linearM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:18

I have a light table but had never thought of using it for photographing pens.  Will have to try it.  Actually I'm amazed at the results an iPhone is capable of.  I like what can be done afterwards using the photo editing capability.  You have some interesting shots.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: photos, wood turning, light table, cell phone, blog

Sponsored Content

|