The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Question Regarding A 1923 Wahl Fountain Pen

restoration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fernando77

Fernando77

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:25

Hello.  I inherited a 1923 Wahl gold filled small fountain pen from my grandfather and have plans to restore it.

I intend to have the nib professionally adjusted and the sac also needs to be replaced.  However, the small
lever  which is used to activate the ink sac  is missing.   I'm  wondering if any of our members has a replacement
lever which I may buy in order to restore this interesting little fountain pen.    In the alternative, can a lever be

used from another brand of a fountain pen which may be readily available?   I am unable to find replacement parts for this 1923 in the internet.  Thank you.  Fernando.

Attached Images

• IMG_0894.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 T4TEXAS

T4TEXAS

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:34

If you send it to a professional, they often have the contacts for sourcing parts. Ask if they can get the part before you send it for a sac and tuning.

Edited by T4TEXAS, 05 January 2017 - 02:36.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

SnailBadge.png

#3 Fernando77

Fernando77

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:03

Thanks, T4Texas.  Will do. Appreciate the advice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: restoration

Sponsored Content

|