The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ratnam Ball Pen Company

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ak2k5

ak2k5

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 16:14

Hi yes I looked at Fosfor and they are lovely but a little expensive for me right now. He also has a long waiting list and I think it is a bit cheeky for him to charge extra to skip the queue. I wonder what holidays he means in India as Guider have been operating and contactable.

as far as im aware there were no holidays that prevented them to ignore incoming messages for so long. just lame excuse. 

Edited by ak2k5, 14 January 2017 - 16:15.

There's no such thing as perfect writing, just like there's no such thing as perfect despair : Haruki Murakami

Sponsored Content

#22 Manekpardiwalla

Manekpardiwalla

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2017 - 14:43

All,

I have some good and bad news.....

Good news is my pen finally arrived this afternoon.

Bad news is I can't open the nib section that's fits the ink reservoir barrel at all. It's stuck shut. I can't fill the ink in the pen !. I spoke to mr ranamamurthy on the phone and wants me to send the pen back with a written note of the problem I am facing......!
No choice but to do it. Off course this will be the last Ratnam ball pen company pen I buy.

I had written a letter to him along with my cheque stating that he should check and write with the pen floor a couple of days before sending it over to me to avoid such a situation but obviously he didn't.

What can I say ? I am at a loss for words here.

Regards

Manek.

#23 matteob

matteob

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:47

It's all rather baffling as his company has a good reputation. Maybe his heart is not in the business anymore. Maybe he should sell it on or pass it on to someone else and enjoy a happy retirement.

#24 matteob

matteob

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:08

Well I finally received my little number 15 today and unlike Manek my pen seems to be very well made and finished. The 14k nib especially seems very nice from an initial dip test. It is certainly up to the quality of Guider and Ranga (the pen and it's workmanship not the service!)So I am really happy with the workmanship of the pen. I will be writing Dr Ramanamurthy a letter though telling him that he really needs to sort his customer service out. He is obviously a highly skilled craftsman (or his workers are) and it saddens me that he is risking his reputation through not replying to enquiries.

Attached Images

• IMG_0265.JPG

#25 ak2k5

ak2k5

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:27

Well I finally received my little number 15 today and unlike Manek my pen seems to be very well made and finished. The 14k nib especially seems very nice from an initial dip test. It is certainly up to the quality of Guider and Ranga (the pen and it's workmanship not the service!)So I am really happy with the workmanship of the pen. I will be writing Dr Ramanamurthy a letter though telling him that he really needs to sort his customer service out. He is obviously a highly skilled craftsman (or his workers are) and it saddens me that he is risking his reputation through not replying to enquiries.

its great that u finally got your pen. but from the experiences yourself and few others stated , no matter how good the pen is , i would most likely be avoiding ratnam in future

There's no such thing as perfect writing, just like there's no such thing as perfect despair : Haruki Murakami

#26 viju

viju

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:48

matteob, happy to know you received the pen and it is working fine. All's well that ends well.

#27 Jobesmirage

Jobesmirage

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:07

I dont know it was impossible for me to get a hold of them after a very short conversation where they listed their prices, its very frustrating

#28 matteob

matteob

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 13:37

At Jobesmirage yes they don't have a clue about communication.I'm not in the habit of chasing people around. If you can do without a gold nib I would point you in the direction of Guider,Ranga and ASA. They are all great to deal with.

Edited by matteob, 06 February 2017 - 13:38.

Sponsored Content

|