The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Speciality Nibs

sailor naginata cross music nib sailor specialty sailor nibs sailor nagahara nagahara

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Tintafuego

Tintafuego

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 15:02

sorry, I meant TWO sources of ink

Sponsored Content

#22 ILM

ILM

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2017 - 13:46

I was planning to purchase a Sailor King of Pen with specialty nib but they are nowhere to be found online.

What with the update?

Is it true that they have stopped making those nibs completely or have put a temporary halt on these.

I plan to buy Cross Music Emperor Nib and any help will be appreciated.

I don't think KOPs come with Cross Music Emperor nibs, but only with Nag. Togi, Cross Point, and King Eagle nibs... are you still looking for a source for KOPs with Togi or 1911s/ProGears with Cross Music Emp. nibs (Eagles and Cobras seem extinct)? My Cross Concord Emperor on a ProGear Realo just arrived the day before yesterday and my Cross Music on a 1911 large just arrived yesterday (from two different sources).   :)

Edited by ILM, 20 January 2017 - 14:41.

#23 Brian Anderson

Brian Anderson

Esterbrook Nut

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2017 - 16:11

I don't think KOPs come with Cross Music Emperor nibs, but only with Nag. Togi, Cross Point, and King Eagle nibs... are you still looking for a source for KOPs with Togi or 1911s/ProGears with Cross Music Emp. nibs (Eagles and Cobras seem extinct)? My Cross Concord Emperor on a ProGear Realo just arrived the day before yesterday and my Cross Music on a 1911 large just arrived yesterday (from two different sources).   :)

My 2016 price list only shows Naginata-Togi, King Eagle, and Cross Point options on KOP (both 1911 and Pro Gear styles) I am certain they have made King Eagle Emperor, and King Cobra Emperor options in the past, but perhaps with recent constraints, these are all they are putting on pens at the moment.

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

#24 ILM

ILM

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2017 - 19:20

My 2016 price list only shows Naginata-Togi, King Eagle, and Cross Point options on KOP (both 1911 and Pro Gear styles) I am certain they have made King Eagle Emperor, and King Cobra Emperor options in the past, but perhaps with recent constraints, these are all they are putting on pens at the moment.

Cool, I had no idea. Are these larger nibs in any way "better" than their 21k smaller counterparts? On a related note, I find 14k and 21k fine (F) nibs to be somewhat (and noticeably) different, the latter being more pleasing to write with.  

Edited by ILM, 23 January 2017 - 19:22.

#25 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 13:11

yes my focus is the nib... which is cross music nib... or cross music emperor nib

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#26 ILM

ILM

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 14:55

yes my focus is the nib... which is cross music nib... or cross music emperor nib

Check this out then:

http://www.pengaller...b-fountain-pen/

They are in Malaysia. They shipped to me in Canada using DHL w/signature and tracking for $15 only; took a bit more than a week in total (order processing took a few days; they seem like a big store from what I read). They have the cross music emperor and a few others too. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, naginata, cross music nib, sailor specialty, sailor nibs, sailor nagahara, nagahara

Sponsored Content

|