What Indian Pens Are You Using Today - 2021 ?

RMN

Gama - F/M. nib. Ink: A mixture of Noodler's Walnut Brown & Chesterfield Archival Vault Black

fpn_1592184241__gama_pen.jpg

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• Helen350

• K Singh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gama - F/M. nib. Ink: A mixture of Noodler's Walnut Brown & Chesterfield Archival Vault Black

fpn_1592184241__gama_pen.jpg

This is nice

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

This is nice

Was going through my pen cases to get my pens organized, and discovered I have 25 pens which

come from India. They are some nice pens, and I love the look of the Fosfor Maharaja. Several of

my pens you inspired me to purchase since 2016/2017.

• 4 weeks later...

fpn_1594657004__asa_genius.jpg

ASA Genius - 1.1 Schmidt stub nib. Ink: Dryden Designs Sky Blue. Since the pen is black, I thought

it would look different with a black & white photo.

today I'm using a Ranga 8B in green ripple. The pen is an eyedropper that was fitted with a Bock nib.

The unusual thing is I recently swapped the nib with an Omas, that I bought by mistake.

I was looking for a replacement nib for my Omas Bologna which is fitted with an F nib. The nib is nice but dry and I tend to prefer wider and wetter nibs. I went on a search for replacement and found a B nib that looked like it was the right one, the nib has arches engraved on it like the one on my Bologna. The portico arches are the main characteristic of the town of Bologna in the old downtown buildings, so I was sure it was right.

I turned out to be wrong, the Bologna fits a size 5 nib, while the nib I got is a size 6 (unspecified by the seller, even after I asked).

It seems Omas made a larger pen as a step up of the Bologna, called it with a different name, but fitted a size 6 nib in it with the "Bologna arches" engraved...

Oh, well. I have lots of pens that could benefit from a nice 14k size 6 B nib...

First try, it fits beautifully on the Ranga 8B with its ebonite feed.

Compared to the original Bock B the Omas is smoother and has a touch more bounce. Lovely!

(no picture at the moment... may add one later)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I'm using Deccan Advocate KanWrite M steel nib with ebonite feed. The ink is KWZ Honey. 

521392097_WhatsAppImage2020-12-04at20_29_38.thumb.jpeg.e2bce01cd451e06868134776b90497a2.jpeg

More clear Photos:

75c8bd80-ae30-468f-9db9-b9af4793b6db.thumb.jpg.e99a478bdd364a9226fdd01b6cf97d17.jpg

Capped:
IMG-20201012-WA0000.thumb.jpg.0986fe0da76b62d52b689e3b674d374b.jpg

Today I'm using Ranga 8B with Bock #6 Titanium nib. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-05 at 17.48.49.jpeg

The pen is 6 inches long and made out of beautiful ebonite. The pen writes really smooth and it's quality control is really awesome. :)  The ink I'm using it's krishna Moonview 2. 

Edited by shamsuzzamansadi

Wality 69EB with stock nib, filled with krishna paakezah ink. A perfect balanced ED pen for most if not all hand size plus a great built.

IMG_20201206_223437.jpg

A Lotus Vikrant in CS Amber with an EF Jowo nib. It always has Kon-Peki in it. Also a Ranga 8B in teal ebonite with a Masuyama MCI, and a Lotus Shikhar with a Jowo B.

I have two 8b Rangas that are always inked. One has a 1.5 Jowo and the other has a Franklin Christoph Music nib that is in essence a 1.9 stub. The good thing about the FC is that you buy the nib unit and the feed is so cut as to not run dry.

I have a Lotus Vamza that's arriving this week and I'll take a photo when it's here.

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

Clip from Ricky Gervais' new Netflix Special

A dark purple Wality 71J with its nice stock nib and a Sheaffer feed. Private Reserve Ebony Purple to match the barrel. Perfect size for my hand. So comfortable. Smooth nib micromeshed to my liking.

4 hours ago, shamsuzzamansadi said:

Today I'm using Ranga 8B with Bock #6 Titanium nib. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-05 at 17.48.49.jpeg

The pen is 6 inches long and made out of beautiful ebonite. The pen writes really smooth and it's quality control is really awesome. :)  The ink I'm using it's krishna Moonview 2. 

How do you find the titanium nib compared to a JoWo? I've never tried a titanium nib having had so much success with the JoWos.

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

14 hours ago, cetn said:

How do you find the titanium nib compared to a JoWo? I've never tried a titanium nib having had so much success with the JoWos.

The bock titanium nib is so different. From my perspective it is nice and springy, gives feedback like pencil. I don't know how to explain it. It's semi flex. However, I've tried the titanium nib with ebonite feed on Airmail 71jTi which is sold by Sanay Shah from Syahi pens. That gave me much better experience. Titanium nibs are unique then Steel and Gold nib. It is something one need to try I believe.

Edited by shamsuzzamansadi

I have just recently received this Gama Forever which I ordered from Mati Pens, because I wanted some slight customizations, in particular I wanted the pen clipless, without rings on the cap.

The Pen is an eyedropper with a Gama marked nib.

1207580024_GamaForevergreenripple.thumb.jpg.2be26c4c4bf38c23492bfbc055f8b566.jpg

1 hour ago, shamsuzzamansadi said:

The bock titanium nib is so different. From my perspective it is nice and springy, gives feedback like pencil. I don't know how to explain it. It's semi flex. However, I've tried the titanium nib with ebonite feed on Airmail 71jTi which is sold by Sanay Shah from Syahi pens. That gave me much better experience. Titanium nibs are unique then Steel and Gold nib. It is something one need to try I believe.

Thanks. I may try one to see how much different it is. I've used Pelikan M1000 nibs which are quiet springy and many steel nibs from Bock, Schmidt, and JoWo, but have been wondering about titanium.  

Thanks for your help.

Just wanted to get my Indian pens together in one picture. I think the only one not included is an ASA Genius.

I think I will get two more Ranga 4C. This is maybe my favourite size and look. The 8B colour is really nice but in the end I prefer the polished ebonite.

All are ED pens:

Ranga 8B

Ranga 4C

Ranga 5

Ranga 3C

ASA Maya (IIRC)

GAMA Supreme

20201214_131240.jpg