What Parker Are You Using This Day? 2018

RMN

Forest Green 45 - when I filled it, I switched to a wider nib. (it had the A nib installed, this is a M or B)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• hari317

• inkstainedruth

• pajaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My black "51" aero with Diamine Twilight anc my black capillary 61 still running out whatever blue-black ink that was in it when it came.

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard

I bought, a few days ago, three of the French reissues in flighter version for $9 each (with F nibs). But have not been able to ink any as yet. Are the French reissued Vectors as good as the origional US and UK made ones?

It seems to be. Right now it's inked up with Monteverde Olivine, one of the samples I picked up at the Baltimore/Washington Show a few weeks ago (like the color, but the ink itself is given me nib creep, and crud issues akin to what people have with Diamine Ancient Copper).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hello all, using two Parker 51s for today, used them for a quick sketch, they are inked with Waterman Harminious Green and Waterman Tender Purple.

Flower1a.jpg

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Two Parker 51 aeros today. A 1948 plum with M nib and a 1950 English made Bloody Brit Burgundy with B nib. Both are in prestine condition with excellent condition gold nibs. Love the pair. Keep them in two pens vintage Parker black leather case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_v0YzkCPJQ3d0VvRnBTcGMwYnM/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

My Dads old 1946 Parker 51 that my mom got for him when he returned home from WWll. A pencil was also in the set with his name engraved on both. I recently restored it w/ a new sac, a polishing & put in a medium nib. Inked it with Nooders Heart of Darkness. I think he would be glad to see Ive put it to good use after all these years.

Writes very smoothly...

Edited by Penntellr

My Cordovan Brown 1st quarter 1948 Parker 51 Demi Vacumatic. It is currently inked with Diamine Blue Black.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Parker "51" Dove Gray Vacumatic w/ Lustraloy cap and a broad stub nib..........Sweet......

Fred..

which form of communication would you disconnect?

Would you rather live without email or phone calls?

1st Quarter 1947 Parker 51, vacumatic, dove grey, gold filled cap, and a fine nib. Ink is Noodler's Old Manhattan Eternal Black (Fountain Pen Hospital) Journal is a "Vintage Journal" from Attic Books. Paper is cream with blue edging and accents. Blotter card at top is from a supply I received years ago. Sorry for poor photo quality from my cell phone.

Edited: corrected to vacumatic

post-13354-0-11734800-1522084237_thumb.jpg

Edited by CraigR

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html

1st Quarter 1947 Parker 51, aeromatic, dove grey, gold filled cap, and a fine nib. Ink is Noodler's Old Manhattan Eternal Black (Fountain Pen Hospital) Journal is a "Vintage Journal" from Attic Books. Paper is cream with blue edging and accents. Blotter card at top is from a supply I received years ago. Sorry for poor photo quality from my cell phone.

1947 dove grey aerometric???

Khan M. Ilyas

Hello,

Today I am using a Parker Premier Athens inked with Parker Penman Saphire.

1Charlie_Chaplin1c.jpg

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Parker 51 Special

After a long time of regularly using Heros I thought it would be good to remind myself the feel of the original.

Edited by WJM

Two aero 51s. A 1948 production black with medium stub nib and a 1953 production navy grey with a broad stub nib. Love stub nibs on 51s. Ink used are Waterman black and Waterman serenity blue respectively.

Khan M. Ilyas

Parker 51 Signet with presentation engraving, F nib, Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue.

This one here: My Orange Parker Duofold Centennial, with an awesome Broad Italic nib and inked up with Penman Sapphire...My wife and I are closing on the lot on which we plan to build our new home and I will be using it a lot this afternoon

yMKosW4.jpg?1

PX1mTnw.jpg?1

Thomas
Baton Rouge, LA
(tbickiii)

Check out my ebay pen listings
:
  tbickiii's Vintage Fountain Pens