• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• hari317

• inkstainedruth

• pajaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm exercising a bit of self control today (thanks for the support Ruth!) and just have my two "Anniversary" pens travelling to work with me; a maroon "51" with Custom cap and inked with Diamine Asa Blue and a black 61 with Heirloom cap and whatever blue ink was in it when it came, maybe Quink blue?

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard

Parker Vacumatic{s]

Silver Pearl lockdown d-j semi-flexi 1935

Black lockdown d-j with longitudinal windows flexie nib 1933

Azure Blue Pearl 1945 flexie nib

Fred

"You forgot that no one is above deception...." Milo Weaver

Friend of Nancy Wake who once said..............................

"I was not a very nice person..And it didn't put me off my breakfast."

I hear ya......................

Edited by Freddy

A flat top 75 Ciselé and a English Arrow 45 with springy stubbish broad 14k nib.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Today it was two Parkers:

1. the Red 61, M nib -- still with whatever black ink was in it. It gave up the ghost about 3 lines shy of finishing my morning pages journal entry. We'll see if refilling it with distilled water is worth the effort or the results will be too pale to be legible....

2. the Azure Blue Pearl Vacumatic Speedline filler, F/M (?) nib -- vintage Quink Microfilm Black. Really liking the pen/ink combination, although I seem to have to refill the pen moderately often.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Parker UK Duofold Demi ~ med #15 nib w/ iroshizuku shin-ryuku (green) ink that I darkened w/ black of the same brand. This is a new pen I received today. Despite it's shorter size, I found it to be comfortable to hold, while keeping a smooth feel. I like it... Nib marked w/ 4 . . . ( first 1/4 of 1954),

Edited by Penntellr

A P75 for the first time since I picked it up last summer. The P51 deck pen I was going to use needs a good cleaning.

I'm using a Cocoa Parker 51. It came to me in a group of old pens on ebay a few months ago. It had a "baby's bottom" situation which was causing skips and was easily repaired. I also have a Cocoa Demi with a gold cap, so I was going to sell this lustraloy, but it is so nice to use!

And somehow, without even trying, I mixed some inks to get a color very close to cocoa. Wow, I'm really enjoying this pen, guess I'll keep it!

Navy grey 51 Special with a generous medium nib, Pelikan brilliant black ink.

This week I have been using a recently acquired English P45 Flighter pen and pencil set. I didn't really care for the medium gold nib it came with, though I can't really explain it. Though it always wrote, the line was inconsistent. I swapped in a fine steel nib and it has become a favorite. I know 45's are not as robust as the 51's, but when you get a good one, it gives the 51 a run for its money.

Adam

Dayton, OH

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

-- Prov 25:2

Using this Frontier I bought in 2008, since then I have several more just like it, all with the purple barrel, the only thing I don't care for.

But such a reliable writer, nothing special about it, as good as I need.

post-70376-0-58161600-1521551155.jpg

This morning it was a 2018 (re-issued French made) Parker Vector (purple, with a medium nib).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This morning it was a 2018 (re-issued French made) Parker Vector (purple, with a medium nib).

I bought, a few days ago, three of the French reissues in flighter version for $9 each (with F nibs). But have not been able to ink any as yet. Are the French reissued Vectors as good as the origional US and UK made ones?

Khan M. Ilyas

1948 Parker 51 Aero, Burgundy, F nib, Lustraloy cap with Waterman Intense Black. It can be a hard starter, but once flowing it keeps flowing.

Edited by LanceSaintPaul

Came home from the Arkansas Pen Show with a 1948 Parker 51 aerometric Gold Filled extra fine with matching pencil. Got it inked up with Parker Quink Blue Black and am having a great time writing with it today!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!