What Pens Are You Using Today 2017

RMN

Pelikan 400 Tortoise, stub-ish B, Quink Blue

Parker Vac Standard, M nib, Diamine Sapphire Blue

Stephens 106, nib Swan no.2 stub, Quink Black

Pelikan 100 Black, Fine , Quink Blue

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feeling blue today -- in the best way!

fpn_1514059178__20171223_125532_resized.

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

So far today it's been the M405 (Anthracite), B, with the end of the fill of diluted KWZI Chicago Blue LE (and now the pen is flushed out and draining -- I've been trying to get pens out of rotation in anticipation of the holiday week and trying different inks and putting other pens into rotation); and Parker 61(black), M, with Birmingham Smithfield Street Bridge Truss Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Got out the Platinum 3776 music nib for the first time in too long. What a great nib! Ive been neglecting this pen for some unknown reason. Really need to get it out more often. Got the Omas Paragon Noir out too. I polished off some blemishes in the ruthenium section from soaking the nib overnight to clean out some Diamine Sargasso Sea off the end of the section. The spots had really been bugging me for a month now but a Montegrappa silver polishing cloth cleaned them up very nice! Finally, did some journaling with my Omas bronze titanium Paragon just because I cant seem to go a day without writing with it. That pen has really stolen the show lately in my collection! I take it everywhere with me!

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

Moore L-94 with Waterman Blue Black, Mabie Todd Swan 3150 with Namiki Blue.

38546915484_ad269162c6_k.jpg[/url]

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

Using the Sheaffer Touchdown burgundy with the Holly caps from 1996 special. Ballpoint barrel is dark green.

fpn_1494798006__img_20170514_141031.jpg

The originals:

fpn_1494797816__img_20170514_141137.jpg

fpn_1494798159__img_20170514_141158.jpg

Good pens for Christmas.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Parker Vacumatic Red Shadow Wave Junior, F nib, with Waterman Mysterious Blue.

Parker 61, black (M nib) with Birmingham Smithfield Street Bridge Truss Blue.

I have other pens with me, but I haven't had a chance to ink some of them up yet.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It was a Parker day for me....

Multicolor Vector, F nib, with KWZI IG Gummiberry.

Azure Blue Pearl Speedline filler Vacumatic, F/M(?) nib, with vintage Quink Microfilm Black.

Black 61, M nib, with Birmingham Smithfield Street Bridge Truss Blue -- which has a teensy bit of sheen on Rhodia paper -- who knew? :rolleyes: Plus, it seems to have some water resistance

Definitely now wanting full bottles of Truss Blue and IG Gummiberry.... :wub:

Got out the Lamy Studio in Imperial Blue today to get me all ramped up for the Lamy Studio in Racing Green coming in this week. Still not sure what nib Im going to put on it. 1.1, 1.5, 1.9 stub? 14kt gold medium? Steel medium in black?? Run the fine nib its coming with? Too many choices!

^ I wanted to love this pen so so much. It looks stunning and the blue one will match so well with the green!

Unfortunately the pen just doesn't like my hand. I don't really know what it is. The material of the grip, the size, the shape? I just couldn't use it.

I sold mine a long time ago and I still miss it sometimes.

Edited by inotrym

^ I wanted to love this pen so so much. It looks stunning and the blue one will match so well with the green!

Unfortunately the pen just doesn't like my hand. I don't really know what it is. The material of the grip, the size, the shape? I just couldn't use it.

I sold mine a long time ago and I still miss it sometimes.

I’ve also had a problem with the pen rotating while I’m writing with it. I attribute it to the high polish metal section but more so the shape. I don’t have the same issue on any of my other metal section pens. There’s something about the shape with this pen that causes problems. Honestly I don’t write with it much for that reason but I couldn’t say no to a racing green model. I probably won’t use the racing green model much either but I’m hoping it’s a beautiful pen just the same

Got out the Platinum 3776 music nib for the first time in too long. What a great nib! Ive been neglecting this pen for some unknown reason. Really need to get it out more often. Got the Omas Paragon Noir out too. I polished off some blemishes in the ruthenium section from soaking the nib overnight to clean out some Diamine Sargasso Sea off the end of the section. The spots had really been bugging me for a month now but a Montegrappa silver polishing cloth cleaned them up very nice! Finally, did some journaling with my Omas bronze titanium Paragon just because I cant seem to go a day without writing with it. That pen has really stolen the show lately in my collection! I take it everywhere with me!

Nice! I have yet to get OMAS for myself...

Tried to win a pen on an auction site but the bid went astronomical on some of the OMAS pens...

Someday...

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)