What Pens Are You Using Today 2017

RMN

Among others, todays main player.

Delta Journal blue, broad wet nib inked with diamine Sargasso sea.

Lovely

Ian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a Deccan Majaz in black polished ebonite,

modified by Deccan to hold Pelikan m200/400/600 nibs,

used with a 14k M nib (monotone gold), I am not quite sure whether from an M400 or an M250.

The pen is an eyedropper to be filled by unscrewing the nib (barrel and section are one single single piece of ebonite).

Sourced through courtesy of Hari here at FPN.

The pen is a very classic shape, which makes it fantastic IMO, not too big, perfect in the hand, extremely comfortable section shape, no step down, reasonably ligh as ebonite is, very easy to switch nibs and use either steel or gold, no burping ever experienced. A great pen.

fpn_1512728951__deccan_majaz-3.jpg

a Deccan Majaz in black polished ebonite,

modified by Deccan to hold Pelikan m200/400/600 nibs,

used with a 14k M nib (monotone gold), I am not quite sure whether from an M400 or an M250.

The pen is an eyedropper to be filled by unscrewing the nib (barrel and section are one single single piece of ebonite).

Sourced through courtesy of Hari here at FPN.

The pen is a very classic shape, which makes it fantastic IMO, not too big, perfect in the hand, extremely comfortable section shape, no step down, reasonably ligh as ebonite is, very easy to switch nibs and use either steel or gold, no burping ever experienced. A great pen.

fpn_1512728951__deccan_majaz-3.jpg

That's a very nice looking pen, sansenri. Congratulations.

That is a beautiful pen. I would like such pens for use of my Pelikan 400 press fit (non-threaded) 14CT nib units as well of my Osmia FC 14CT spare full flex nib units in them.

Khan M. Ilyas

Well, so far today:

Parker 51 Vac Junior [lockdown filler] Red Shadow Wave, F nib -- with its usual fill of Waterman Mysterious Blue.

Dark Lilac Lamy Safari, F nib -- Robert Oster Orange Zest.

1990s era Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoise, F nib -- Visconti Brown (Sepia? I've seen it referred to both ways).

Also in the queue: Pink Parker Vector, F nib -- Noodler's Shah's Rose; and Red (?) Parker 61 M (?) nib -- whatever black ink got reconstituted when I went to flush the pen out for the first time (I'm guessing Quink Black but don't really know for sure).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A transparent green Jinhao 992 loaded with Blackstone Australian Bush. There are wafts of pine scent each time I open the cap.

An EF Platinum Carbon Desk pen with Platinum Carbon ink. It works so well in my Moleskine - it's crept in as the main pen for that task (as well as being one of my favourite drawing pens). I don't have the desk stand for it, just the funny little cap it comes with and it has never dried out. Not even after it got lost among the pencils for a month... :blush:

Speaking of desk pens. Pilot Kaküno - the one that was turned into a desk pen in a homemade stand after the cap click was broken. It has one of those green Pilot cartridges which are sold for Parallel pens. I usually forget to mention the Kaküno when I tell of my daily pens, but because it's right there it's often used for quick notes.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

A few in rotation at the moment:

Platinum 3776, fine nib, Diamine Grey

Parson's Essential, fine nib, Diamine Autumn Oak

Wing Sung 698, fine nib, Diamine Ruby - just a brilliant red

Wing Sung 698, extra fine nib, Diamine Sepia

and last but by no means least a Lamy 2K, extra fine nib, Diamine Blue Velvet.

Just changed the Lamy nib from a fine to the extra fine, it has turned a pen from one which does not get used much to something that I think will be a fixture for some time to come. The curse of discovering Asain finer nibs brought this change about.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

I am trying a new thing where I only keep 3 pens inked at any given time. (I have 6 now so thats how its working)

Regardless, Right now I have:

1. Lamy 2000 ef with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

2. Visconti London Fog ef with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

3.Platinum Century 3776 f with Iroshizuku Murasaki Shikibu

4. Pelikan M200 ef with Iroshizuku Yama-budo

5. Pelikan M800 m with Iroshizuku Chiku-Rin

6. Kaweco Al Sport ef with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

The 800 and the Al sport I was just testing out.

I recently purchased a EF London fog and a M London fog. The M is just too broad for me to use everyday. It will eventually be up for sale.

Edited by 240KAR

A midnight blue Parker 45 Custom fountain pen, with 12k gold filled cap and 14k gold nib, possibly a fine one (there is no marking on the collar). It's made in USA, from the 60s. I use it with turqoise Pelikan 4001 ink. I plan to get a brilliant brown as well. :) (Thaa one reminds me of the so-called walnut-stain we used at school long ago...)

Edited by Liuna

Tonight, a JIF with van Gogh Dark Blue and my pastel blue Sheaffer Cadet F1 with Yama-guri.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

This is a very simple qeustion at the moment. It is either my old Lamy Safari or the new one. I do have more FP's but I do not use the others as they are childish and/or dont work. That will be different when my Parker arrives and when I win the 51 I am bidding on.

Kind regards,

Robin.

Just received the new Lamy Aion in a fine nib and inked it with a new sample of Diamine Arctic Blue. Ive written one sentence so far...and its a very nice surprise.

Have a great day.

Just received the new Lamy Aion in a fine nib and inked it with a new sample of Diamine Arctic Blue. Ive written one sentence so far...and its a very nice surprise.

Have a great day.

Nice :happy:

I keep on hearing about the surprise of this pen.

Twsbi Eco ef - Sailor Chu-Shu

Jinhao 159 - Diamine Red Dragon

Got the Jinhao yesterday, it wrote fine all day but it doesn't want to work today. Lots of skipping and flow issues :unsure:. Well, at least it wasn't too expensive.

Eversharp Skyline Modern Stripe Blue (Demi) with Pelikan Royal Blue ink

Eversharp Skyline Modern Stripe Green (Standard) with Herbin Olive ink

Pelikan M400 red-striated with Pelikan Red ink

Those colours... oh my...

This is a very simple qeustion at the moment. It is either my old Lamy Safari or the new one. I do have more FP's but I do not use the others as they are childish and/or dont work. That will be different when my Parker arrives and when I win the 51 I am bidding on.

I hate to break it to you -- but that last statement should be: *IF* you win the 51 you're bidding on.... :rolleyes:

51s are extremely popular around here (and with good reason). But that popularity means that you could very easily get sniped by another bidder -- or just plain outbid. Just ask Surprise 123, who has been trying to get one (and within his middle-school aged means to boot).

So what are your other pens besides the Safaris? And why do you say that they're either childish or don't work? Because if you don't like them as is, you could always consider a PiF or see about getting them repaired.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."