What Pens Are You Using Today 2017

RMN

Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoise, F -- finishing up a fill of diluted Noodler's Walnut (and now the pen is nicely flushed, and is draining in paper toweling).

Parker Vacumatic Red Shadow Wave, F (?) -- Waterman Mysterious Blue

Parker 45 dark blue, OM (?) nib -- De Atramentis Albrecht Dürer.

Also, a black Uniball roller ball, and some Crayola markers... (finishing up an art project for this weekend).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new M150 again but now inked with KWZ Maroon and a JIF 2 with Yama-dori.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Today it is the Akajiku 1911S with the medium nib.

http://www.fototime.com/F291CEC3C180545/medium800.jpg

Still trying to use up the ink in the comparison pens. Getting close.

My Website

A black Pilot Metro F filled with Pelikan Aquamarine and a Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoise M with 4001 Brilliant Brown are my choices for today.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

What color and gift set is this? Where can I get one?

It is a Lamy Brown, a special edition made by Lamy for Line Friends in Asia. I got mine from Korea via ebay. I just wanted the pen but the rest is cute but now tucked away in my pen drawer. Spent ages online looking for a seller with a good rep to buy it from. A bit pricey too. Have put chocolate ink in it now and it writes beautifully. Just watch out for the knock offs as they will be really cheap. Apparently when the first run of them was launched they sold out within hours so a second run was made but they sold just as quick. I think a lot of people saw a market for them and bought up a lot of them upon release to sell at a tidy profit later to people like me who cant resist the allure of 'different colour than normal' fountain pens.

I keep a Pilot Cocoon in fine at work that my son brought back from a trip to Japan. Super smooth writer. My other 50+ pens I keep at home and rotate often.

the pen is the window into the writer's soul

www.spinningtrees.webuda.com

Keeping other pens company in the Theater of the Absurd........the followin' quartet

fpn_1484769989__cookiemonster.jpg

Fred

A country road..A tree..Evening....

Where nothing happens........

These three - Lamy Dialog 3 + Diamine Oxblood, Sailor Pro Gear Slim + Sailor Jentle Blue, Sailor 1911 Standard + Sailor Kiwa-Guro

IMG_20170118_205924.jpg

... I believe in purple ink

Apart from filling a mail order form in with the Pilot Prera I keep loaded with black cartridges for that sort of thing, I've stuck to using my Sheaffer Fashion today.

This little beauty will be making me smile today...

31480648664_5d858c1fc4_c.jpg

Pilot Myu 701...inked with Diamine Blue Velvet.

Have a good one. :thumbup:

Platinum DP-50 and DP-800S. The former is inked with my own blend while the latter us inked with Pilot Blue-Black.

post-129019-0-40828200-1484813102_thumb.jpg

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Today the Pilot Kakuno got a bunch of work in my Japanese class and when I was taking notes for my computer programming class. I'm using it until it runs out of the ink sample, De Atramentis Blue. Don't know if I'll hang onto it, or not, but I'm tempted to keep it inked because I enjoy writing with it for long tasks.

I also dabbled a bit with my new baby, a Franklin Christoph 66 in Ice. i was totally shocked that it fit in the pen pocket of my Lihit Lab carrying pouch. It's such a monster that I wasn't sure I'd have anything that would hold it, but it was in that pocket like it was born for it. Now I can be sure to have it with me always! :)

This little beauty will be making me smile today...

Pilot Myu 701...inked with Diamine Blue Velvet.

Good Lord that's beautiful.

-

I'm still sticking with my Sheaffer Imperial for now; now with Pelikan royal blue instead of black. Still a boring ink*, but considerably better than black.

Also, as usual, a Wing Sung 322 (finest nib I have) and whatever lies closest to me.

* I clearly need more inks.