What Pens Are You Using Today 2017

RMN

I have a slew of pens here at work that are inked up and ready to go.

Pilot 74 Broad Nib

Pilot Metropolitan Medium

Franklin Christoff Desk Pen

Twisbi Eco in Turquoise

Twisbi Eco

Jin Hao X450

All inked up with de Atraments Hyacinth ink. Trying to get through this bottle of scented ink. I really can't stand the scent, but this bottle of ink is like the eternal bag of holding. It just doesn't end.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm almost reluctant to post a snap of this pen! Why? Cost - $1.04 (free shipping). Came across the pen by accident. Even has just a bit of flex in the nib (soft nib?). Though it can't compare to the costly beauties I see on this forum, it sure does provide a nice writing experience.

fpn_1502674133__heroyangtze2.jpg

fpn_1502674293__heroyangtzesample.jpg

It's the writing experience that counts, Helen. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I have a slew of pens here at work that are inked up and ready to go.

Pilot 74 Broad Nib

Pilot Metropolitan Medium

Franklin Christoff Desk Pen

Twisbi Eco in Turquoise

Twisbi Eco

Jin Hao X450

All inked up with de Atraments Hyacinth ink. Trying to get through this bottle of scented ink. I really can't stand the scent, but this bottle of ink is like the eternal bag of holding. It just doesn't end.

:lticaptd:

Good luck with that bottle!

Nice selection of pens. :thumbup:

LOL...you can never have too many nice pens. :D

I'm sorry, I can't process those last four words in that order, even following the preceding four. :D

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

My regular desk pen (Parker 21 with an Ariel Kullock clear taper / Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku)

Black Esterbrook Phaeton / Noodler's Squeteague

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

Customized a Waterman fountain pen for my daughter last night for her first day at school. It's a cheap body but I I installed a new feed and nib. 14kt gold broad nib from an old levenger pen. Fits perfectly and writes perfectly. I'm trying it out to continue to test it using Diamine Imperial Purple.

20170814_231252.jpg

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Visconti Augusta Novelli annio 50. 50th anniversary of Novelli Pen Store in Rome Italy. #232/300, plunger Filler, 18kt custom 1.1 italic Stub. Faceted like the old OMAS Paragon, Celluloid Nitrate. Love at first sight 4 years to find. Waterman Florida Blue Ink.

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Aurora Optima Black Resin Gold Trim, Extra Fine (Sailor Nano Black)

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Waterman Perspective blk/gold (broad) Inked with Diamine cornflower.

Hero 68 blk/gold (f/med) Inked with Diamine midnight.

Ian

My regular desk pen (Parker 21 with an Ariel Kullock clear taper / Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku)

Black Esterbrook Phaeton / Noodler's Squeteague

Squeteague is one of my favorite inks. If only I could pronounce it!

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Today (so far):

1. Wearever (unknown model lever filler) dark blue, stub nib, with KWZI Grey Lux.

2. Parker Vector, multicolor, F nib, with Robert Oster Blue Water Ice.

3. Parker Vector, olive green, F nib, with Robert Oster Purple Soul.

Of course, I have pen club tonight, so that list may grow -- possibly even exponentially.... :D

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Squeteague is one of my favorite inks. If only I could pronounce it!

Oh yeah. It's that gorgeous dark teal, and so much more easily obtainable than Petrol. But yeah, I have no idea how it's supposed to be pronounced either. :)

White Lamy Safari

Knox Galileo

Lamy 2000

Duke Golden Rings

In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10

Using Stipula Etruria Rainbow Blue with T-Flex nib while waiting for my coffee...

Great pen with awesome weight and grip...It skips a lot though...hopefully I can get to the pen show early enough to sign up for Mr. Masuyama and make this nib perfect :)

post-134999-0-44871000-1503179638_thumb.jpeg

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

Today's choice is a 1948 Sheaffer Statesman in Brown, Vac Fill - Extra Fine to Fine (Montblanc Toffee Brown)

So far today:
Parker Vector (avocado green) F nib -- Robert Oster Purple Soul

Cross Solo (red), F nib -- Califolio Baikal

Pelikan M405 Stresemann (Anthracite), B nib -- Akkerman Dutch Masters Ruisdael Stormachtig Blauw

Parker 51 (Midnight Blue), M(?) nib -- Lamy Pacific Blue

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."