• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's great, with one caveat. I like the line it draws - it's more like a Japanese Extra Fine rather than a European Extra fine. I find European Extra Fines are usually the same thing as European Fines... no difference, so I'm happy with this one.

However, the nib is very feedbacky... not scratchy, just a lot of feedback.

I believe Aurora's nibs known for giving feedback, and with it being an Extra Fine you can really feel it. I'm ok with feedback, but I might apply micromesh to dial it down a touch. I still want feedback, just not quite that much.

Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme Fine (Noodler's Army) for me today.

That's great!

The feedback can be mended :)

I missed on one Optima with EF on auction site the other day, I should have bid more...but I didn't know how EF wrote... next time.. :)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

That's great!

The feedback can be mended :)

I missed on one Optima with EF on auction site the other day, I should have bid more...but I didn't know how EF wrote... next time.. :)

I got lucky at the Philly Pen Show... Last table I visited and was exhausted & ready to leave. Another guy was looking at it and I thought it was out of my price range, so I asked anyway. $185... Fortunately the other gent was a medium/broad kind of guy so I jumped as soon as he declined. Not exactly couth of me, but the price was killer. I do love the blue Aureloid but can't go wrong with the black resin... No regrets getting this one.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

(duplicate post)

Edited by Mister5

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

I got lucky at the Philly Pen Show... Last table I visited and was exhausted & ready to leave. Another guy was looking at it and I thought it was out of my price range, so I asked anyway. $185... Fortunately the other gent was a medium/broad kind of guy so I jumped as soon as he declined. Not exactly couth of me, but the price was killer. I do love the blue Aureloid but can't go wrong with the black resin... No regrets getting this one.

Wow...that is a great price!

I see a lot of medium nibs on market but not too many EF's...

I am not sure if I will be in San Francisco but will definitely be in Los Angeles Pen Show...I hope I won't get broke from getting too many pens lol

Wow...that is a great price!

I see a lot of medium nibs on market but not too many EF's...

I am not sure if I will be in San Francisco but will definitely be in Los Angeles Pen Show...I hope I won't get broke from getting too many pens lol

Yeah I see a lot of mediums & broads too, esp on the classifieds here. I think some of the vintage pens tend to run a little more narrow. A lot of the pens show (at least Philly) were vintage. It is easy to go broke at a pen show... If you go in with a budget (or just bring cash and leave your credit cards at home) you might be safe. :)

Yeah I see a lot of mediums & broads too, esp on the classifieds here. I think some of the vintage pens tend to run a little more narrow. A lot of the pens show (at least Philly) were vintage. It is easy to go broke at a pen show... If you go in with a budget (or just bring cash and leave your credit cards at home) you might be safe. :)

Probably just bring cash without my credit card would work better...I will use my credit card lol

I am happily back to my Parker 51.

Yesterday I spent all day writing with someone else's Lamy 2000 and did not especially enjoy it, mainly because I prefer for heavy pens to be weighted more toward the hand.

I am happily back to my Parker 51.

Yesterday I spent all day writing with someone else's Lamy 2000 and did not especially enjoy it, mainly because I prefer for heavy pens to be weighted more toward the hand.

Shame on me, I have never used Lamy 2000... is it top heavy with the cap posted or without?

BTW, I love my Parker 51 Demi with black barrel...ef nib is superb. :)

Shame on me, I have never used Lamy 2000... is it top heavy with the cap posted or without?

For me it's more comfortable posted than unposted, although I generally don't post the cap on my pens, but even when I post the cap on the Lamy to shift the balance, there is more stress on my fingers than is comfortable for me. So much depends on an individual's hand and way of writing, though; this is exactly why I borrowed the pen from a friend to try, instead of buying one sight-unseen. Incidentally, the one I tried was the Makrolon model. The stainless steel might have its weight distributed differently.

Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme Fine (Noodlers Army)... Again.

Parker Vector - M. Nib. Monteverde Burgundy

*This evening writing with the Vintage Piston Filler - inked with Noodler's Ottoman Rose

fpn_1500603741__vintagepistonfiller.jpg

fpn_1500604080__vintagepistonfillercap.j

For me it's more comfortable posted than unposted, although I generally don't post the cap on my pens, but even when I post the cap on the Lamy to shift the balance, there is more stress on my fingers than is comfortable for me. So much depends on an individual's hand and way of writing, though; this is exactly why I borrowed the pen from a friend to try, instead of buying one sight-unseen. Incidentally, the one I tried was the Makrolon model. The stainless steel might have its weight distributed differently.

Thank you :)

Coincidently, I was able to use L2K with EF today, owned by a friend of mine.

Since he just got it, I didn't want to post the cap giving him a worry if I was going to scratch the barrel.

The unposted was comfortable for me because I have smaller hands.

The EF nib though was like european F...

Lamy 2000 Macrolon Extra Fine (Franklin Christoph Loden)

I use mine (and pretty much all my pens) posted. If a pen can't be posted that's usually a sign I'm not going to buy it. Agree that the Extra Fine is more like a Fine, at least mine is. I don't really mind, I expected that.

Edited by Mister5

Parker 51 aero, black with lustaloy cap

MontBlanc 149

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Let's see, I'm using 3 pens today. My custom Nakaya Urushi long with a fine/medium flex nib. Tibaldi Iride with a custom 18kt Bexley Stub Nib. Finally my Blue OMAS Paragon (old style, facted) in blue with a custom old style gold & rhodium finish in 18kt gold fine width. These are pens I haven't used in about 7 or 8 years.

Blessings to all

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Picasso Avignon - M. Nib. Chesterfield Xircon

Vintage Piston filler - Gold plated #12 - Noodler's Ottoman Rose

Picasso 915 -M. Nib. Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

Wearever, stub (semi-flex) nib, with KWZI Grey Lux.

Parker Vector, F nib, with R&K Alt Gold-grun.

Cross Solo, F nb, with Califolio Baikal.

Noodler's Charlie, flex nib, with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."