What Pens Are You Using Today 2017

RMN

Parker 51 Vac (UK), smooth and juicy 0.8 stub by Greg Minuskin. Inked with Diamine Majestic Purple.

Practice, patience, perseverance

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today, on 22nd May 2017 - I'm using:

1. Aurora 88 Anniversary Blue - with flexible nib and Pilot's Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo ink

2. Waterman's 94 vintage, Silver Pearl and Red, #4 nib - with same ink :)

Decided to use Aurora all day, as much as I can so I can have some proper verdict on this one.

Waterman Le Man 100 Opera, Fine nib, with Edelstein Smokey Quartz

Caran d'Ache Leman Black and Gold with Caran d'Ache Infra Red

Although, I must admit, now I'm confused... everybody seems to be upping pics to this thread, but it turns out there's a 'show us what pen' thread just down the road...?!

Confusion probably arises on account of both having similar titles, I have admit I was wondering the same thing & where to post.

fpn_1495558660__img_3029.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

For journal writing at home:

(top) Esterbrook 442 nib (stub italic)

(bottom) Esterbrook 048 nib

And the inks being used are Pelikan 4001 royal blue, Waterman green, Waterman brown, Visconti bordeaux, Higgins eternal black.

post-123365-0-75906600-1495598156_thumb.jpg

The usual suspects for me. My L2K medium, but Pilot VP, broad and Pelikan M600, medium.

I'm thinking of dropping one though. There are fewer and fewer ops to use them at work. Usually the only time I take a hand written note is when someone catches me on the fly, and then I use the Duofold roller I clip to my shirt everyday.

A cedar blue English vac P51 with stub nib and a 1949 aero plum P51 with broadish medium nib. A MB 146 with springy broad nib is also inked.

Khan M. Ilyas

An old "disposable" Berol Fontaine that I pried the end cap off of and reloaded with Lamy Turquoise. It has one of my smoothest and most reliable nibs, so it was worth turning 'disposable' into 'reusable'. :)

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

It's been a busy morning:

Parker 45, M nib -- Noodler's La Coleur Royale

Noodler's FPC, flex nib -- diluted Noodler's North African Violet

Parker 61, M nib -- diluted De Atramentis Apple Blossom

Pelikan M 405 Streseman, B nib -- diluted Edelstein Amethyst

Parker 51 Vac, EF nib -- vintage Quink Microfilm Black

And that's because it is apparently time to refill or flush a bunch of pens....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Had a minor sesh today:

Pilot Parallel 1.5

Jinhao X750 w Noodlers italic flex

Hero 187

Waterman 32

Swan Calligraph

Manuscript Dodec (x2)

all with Pilot blue or black in, except the Dodecs which have Manuscript sepia and red in.

Now it's way past my bedtime... but time to go back to household chores... Good night?

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

Doing a study to be presented in class using both the Jinhao 992 inked with Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue, and the LingMo Lorelei inked with Diamine Sherwood Green,

fpn_1495739840__pens52517.jpg

Esterbrook SJ in orange (root beer, copper... take your pick), 9668 Firm Medium, with J. Herbin Orange Indien.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

A week ago, I returned from my business trip to Leiden (Netherlands) and I used the opportunity to shop some new items for my collection.

I bought Kaweco Supra Brass (medium) fountain pen while in Leiden and I'm very pleased with it. I love it and I carry it everywhere. :D

18527358_10213357000861978_6893420673820

18555931_10213376649913192_6552823950458

I also purchased several nibs (not available in Serbia) for my Lamy pens. The other inked pen is Lamy Al Star and I replaced its stock medium nib with a stainless steel, stub one, 1.1mm wide.

Pilot CH 912, SU nib. Inked with Diamine Tyrian Purple

Pilot 78G, B nib. Inked with Pilot Mixable Green

Practice, patience, perseverance