What Pens Are You Using Today 2017

RMN

A pair of English Parker Duofolds. Junior size, aerometric fill, with #10 nibs.

The black is inked with MB Midnight Blue, and the Red with Visconti Black.

34033786992_825bea965f_c.jpg

:D

Wow...such a timeless design...nice colors too :)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cross Townsend green marbled, m nib

Gena Schulfüller, EF

Since I got them both fixed today by Mr. Kawaguchi Akihiro.

Edited by Pinkys.Brain

This week is the ever faithful Parson's Essential, fine nib, filled with Diamine Florida Blue (I note Mr Pen's web site no longer mentions them). My usual Pilot 74, fine medium nib, filled with Diamine Autumn Oak.

For the first time in a year or so my Twsbi 580, fine nib, filled with Diamine Ruby. After putting this pen "back into service" I am really wondering why I stopped using it, feels great in hand and writes wonderfully well and no I've had no cracking issues in all the time I've owned it.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

fpn_1492928685__1502.jpg

Waterman Exclusive/ F

Esterbrook J/ 9668

Waterman Phileas/ F

Parker 45/ M

Conklin Duragraph (modern)/ M

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

Duke P3 - M. Nib. Diamine Sherwood Green & LingMo Lorelei - F. Nib. Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue

fpn_1492984143__loreleiduke42317b.jpg

Usin' Pilot Blue-Black in both.....................{old scan}

fpn_1492985616__renrewgozrehtimothytread

Fred

'tis the thought that counts.....{happysmileyfacetimethingie}

Thanks!

Today turned out to be a Sheaffer Imperial kind of day - I actually wanted to use the Lamy Petrol for my lecture notes, but I simply couldn't resist the lure of the inlaid nib and the blood-red ink (namely Diamine Oxblood - I love that combination)

Also a Parker 45 flighter (stainless steel nib, M) with Parker Quink Black as the random pen I grabbed from my desk to jot down some quick notes. Probably one of my best daily writers - it's simple, functional, stylish, reliable, reasonably inexpensive and works exceedingly well.

Edited by Guardy

English made Parker 51 vac cedar blue with broad nib, Parker 45 custom 14k medium nib and Conway Stewart 475 broad stub nib. Inked with Waterman serenity blue, sheaffer blue and Pelikan brilliant black respectively.

Khan M. Ilyas

Platinum 3776 Yamanaka, F nib, Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki ink

Pilot Custom 92, Binderized ItaliFine nib, BunguBox Ink of the Witch

Shearer Touchdown, M nib, Levenger Skies of Blue

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

My brand new Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. F nib, Pelikan 4001 brilliant green, which is probably going to be my go-to desk pen for the next few weeks at least*.

I'm a bit conflicted about the ink choice - I kind of want to stick with Pelikan inks (because I like the 4001 inks in particular, and they really do look best in Pelikan pens), but the shades of green not matching at all kind of annoys me. But then again, it is an excellent ink... you get the idea.

The pen, on the other hand, is a real darling. Ideal size and weight for me, and the nib writes decently wet and without any skipping, like it should. Plus, the pen is so pretty. I'm pretty partial to the Soverän designs anyway, but this is probably the prettiest thing Pelikan could've come up with.

*I'm quite emphatically not taking that one to university with me. I've got an almost as good and way cheaper Sheaffer Imperial for that. Or a P45. Or, heck, a Lamy Safari.

Sheaffer: OS Balance LF

Waterman: 14 ED

Filcao: Atlantica Oro BF

Stipula: Made for Rebecca Moss NYC Sleeve Filler

Sailor: Large 1911 C/C

Bexley: Deluxe Demonstrator BF

Montblanc: Diplomat '72 PIF

Parker: Big Red BFfpn_1493164070__bexmostwafilca.jpg

Pens are filled with the blues

Fred

My brand new Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. F nib, Pelikan 4001 brilliant green, which is probably going to be my go-to desk pen for the next few weeks at least*.

I'm a bit conflicted about the ink choice - I kind of want to stick with Pelikan inks (because I like the 4001 inks in particular, and they really do look best in Pelikan pens), but the shades of green not matching at all kind of annoys me. But then again, it is an excellent ink... you get the idea.

...snip...

Guardy, I like the 4001 inks too (especially the Brilliant Brown) but I've found in the White Tortoise Rohrer & Klingner's Alt-Goldgrun just can't be beat. I've been really pleased with it both for the color match and for the flow. Try it!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Today, I'll be using a little bit of everything. For work, I was testing this:

post-132145-0-42355700-1493188440_thumb.jpg

I got the x750 the other day and put the Noodlers tipped flex in it, out of four x750s I've got only this one was a little small/obstructed, so I couldn't fit the nib in smoothly, as you can see by the way it sticks out too far. It writes smoother and less skippily than the untipped (italic) Noodlers flex I put all the way into the other x750, though, even allowing for the tipping naturally making it smoother.

Strangely, this nib possibly needs a little smoothing, though, as the untipped feathers less on this paper. The paper is Kokyo Dot-Square, btw, which I recommend as a ¥100 alternative to some of the pricier notebooks. It withstands most fountain pen action, including Pilot Parallel providing you don't linger on your stroke too much. It was useless for Zebra/Tachikawa G dip nibs. Oh, and the ring binding gets in the way if you're a righty writing on the left page and trying to practice any nice script.

Today is one of those bumper pen days: this evening (probably more like the wee hours), I'll be using;

Typhoo Tea

Waterman #12

unknown vintage Waterman

Mentmore Supreme

Jinhao x750 with G-pen dip nib

and two Parker Slimfolds, a Parker 75, and a Sheaffer Imperial for selling

In the non-FP department I'll hopefully be able to try out some Hinks & Wells Silvic dip nibs.

Edited by MercianScribe

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

Guardy, I like the 4001 inks too (especially the Brilliant Brown) but I've found in the White Tortoise Rohrer & Klingner's Alt-Goldgrun just can't be beat. I've been really pleased with it both for the color match and for the flow. Try it!

I've been sorely tempted by that, actually, because the colors really do match beautifully. Unfortunately, the ink is just a little bit too light for pages upon pages of lecture notes in my opinion - I'd kick myself as soon as I have to read over that stuff again. It's a mistake I've made in the past. Multiple times, whoops...

I'd pretty much need that exact hue, but quite a few shades darker, and that's something I haven't quite found yet.

MB Oscar Wilde today.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

As a change from Auroras, two Waterman Edson, emerald and sapphire, both with F nib. Nothing special about the Waterman inks.

X