What Pens Are You Using Today 2017

RMN

Thank you! It's so different from all my other pens. Like a mechanical pencil, but with a nib instead of lead ;)

I used to use mechanical pencils to mark up documents.

It might be a great feeling for me to have one of these pens.

So many pens I want...

Why isn't there a perfect pen that I don't want any other pen? (Of course I'm joking...It is a joy to seek fun pens :))

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gama Ebonite ED - M. Nib. Chesterfield Antique Mariner

Jinhao X450 - B. Nib. Sheaffer Skrip Red

Jinhao x450, Italic, with Pelikan dark green for the handwriting practice.

Faber-Castell Loom, F, with Pelikan royal blue for the story writing and plotting.

Geha Schulfüller, ~ F-BB semiflex, with Pelikan blue-black for the art stuff.

fpn_1490997538__pignolitorteyummie.jpg

Montblanc Midnight Blue {Blue-Black}

Fred

enjoyin' hot black coffee and a fresh fig cookie

Was that *flex* you were getting out of that Vac nib? :puddle: Or was that one of the other pens in that photo?

Oh, for me it was the two new toys: Pelikan M405 Stresemann, B nib, with Edelstein Amethyst; and Pelikan M405 Striated Blue, EF nib, with Edelstein Amethyst.

I feel horribly extravagent using those pens for stuff as mundane as shopping lists. :rolleyes: Okay, I wrote poetry (since NaPoWriMo 2017 just started yesterday) and in my journal, too....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This pen was discovered at a local art supply store about ten years ago and I acquired it for the princely sum of $7.95 USD. It remains my favorite italic writer; superior to my Pilot 78G - B nib and Lamy 1.1 stub.

the Cat did it

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Was that *flex* you were getting out of that Vac nib? :puddle: Or was that one of the other pens in that photo?

Oh, for me it was the two new toys: Pelikan M405 Stresemann, B nib, with Edelstein Amethyst; and Pelikan M405 Striated Blue, EF nib, with Edelstein Amethyst.

I feel horribly extravagent using those pens for stuff as mundane as shopping lists. :rolleyes: Okay, I wrote poetry (since NaPoWriMo 2017 just started yesterday) and in my journal, too....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Was that *flex* you were getting out of that Vac nib? :puddle:

Yes. {happysmilelyfacetimethingie}

Good nite and be well.

Fred

an early 1950's Geha student fountain pen for art stuff (w/ Pelikan blbk), and a red Jinhao x450 with a newly-ground Fine Italic nib for the rest.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/img009.jpg

That's a scan of the new nib - no picture of the pen, though, because the camera is out of battery.

A very neat and beautiful Swan Mabie Todd 3130, of a luscious grey, with a great nib.

stilou-vechi-swan-mabie-todd-3130-stilou

stilou-vechi-swan-mabie-todd-3130-stilou

Perfect. :thumbup:

Had to reup my Gama Ebonite ED today. Inked with Chesterfield Xircon. This is a smooth writing pen!fpn_1491422977__gama4516pen2.jpg

Caran d'Ache Pop Dots ballpoint, Lamy Safari white with 1.1 mm italic nib, and a Monteverde Impressa gunmetal with red trim with a medium nib.

The ballpoint has blue ink, the Lamy is filled with De Atramentis Frankincense, and the Monteverde with Sheaffer Skrip Red. I didn't use all the ink in the Lamy at Christmas time....

Posted Image

Lamy Safari Petrol arrived today, and it's already bidding fair to be my regular pocket carry:

33516978380_77e16bda27_z.jpg

33745396032_30afb9bdd3_z.jpg

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Currently runn'in low....................................................the following.................................

fpn_1491613771__aroa.jpg

Fred

Beth Hart...I'd Rather Go Blind w/Beck @ Kennedy Center '12 Buddy Guy