Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mallymal1

• tgoto

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picasso 915, the red one. Again.

Having grown up with a wild assortment of very cheap pens (and a scruffy-looking Lamy AL-Star with a loose cap), I'm pretty fond of inexpensive Chinese pens in general, because they are pretty much what I'm familiar with, except usually better and often cheaper.

The 915, however, is an entirely different beast than the usual stuff. I'm really quite inordinately fond of the design (yes, there's a lot of bling, but I like it), and - while I'm not usually a fan of M nibs - the nib is surprisingly good. As in "quite probably the best steel nib I've used to far, right out of the box". Possibly excluding a Lamy EF nib I've put on that old AL-Star, and a very soft (but not true flex) Geha vintage nib but those nibs are so wildly different that comparing them is futile anyway.

Point is, I basically bought it because I really liked the look of it (that shade of red is pretty sweet, and the shape of the pen looks classy), but didn't really expect it to tick my "daily writer"-boxes. Well, guess what. Granted, it isn't my perfect dream pen (I'd rather have a screw cap, 10 grams less wouldn't have hurt, the clip's too tight and I'm not sure if I like the way the textured section feels), but it's far closer than a sub-30€ pen probably should be.

fpn_1490158016__avanythoabc.jpg

Fred

but then I fooled around and fell in love

I fooled around and fell in love since I met you baby free on my own that's

the way I used to be But since I met you baby Love's got a hold on me

fooled around and fell in love It's got a hold on me Now I can't let go

of you baby I can't stop loving you now...................................

Edited by Freddy

Jinhao 8802 - M. Nib. Ink mixture: Chesterfield Antique Mariner & Noodler's Ottoman Rose (produces a nice plum-like color)

I am using a Nemosine Singularity Clear Demonstrator with a fine nib.

I am also using something I built from an old Pentech Fatty With a Medium Pilot Varsity Nib. I had part from a few different things.

I use both of them in eye dropper mode.

Onoto 6411 with MB Lavender Purple, my first time of trying each. The 6411 was not identified by the seller (makes a change from them trying incorrectly) but I could see it was a 6000 series. It is yet another beautifully-writing Onoto with No 3 nib, and no apparent quirks.

So far, the MB violet has not disappointed compared with my expectations.

X

Just one, a NOS Pelikan M800 in red.

I use the M800 in blue... it was before the red was available. Beautiful pic and pen. I use and love mine every day

Jinhao 3000 - Goulet 1.1 stub. Ink mixture: Chesterfield Antique Mariner & Noodler's Ottoman Rose

^^ Pretty pen and pretty ink, eli - I might have to try that Aquamarine.

Myself, a Kaweco Sport and an M300.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

^^ Pretty pen and pretty ink, eli - I might have to try that Aquamarine.

Myself, a Kaweco Sport and an M300.

Give it a try, it won't let you down, be sure.

Practice, patience, perseverance